Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As an experienced User Researcher (Consultant) at Kainos, you will be responsible for delivering actionable insights that help define the right service experiences and focus them on user needs. You will be an advocate for needs-based design, design thinking and service design, and are passionate about coaching others in design research. You’ll manage, coach and develop a small number of staff, with a focus on managing employee performance and assisting in their career development.
You will be part of our growing Experience Design capability creating exemplary digital services. We are supportive, collaborative, talented, and hugely passionate about user-centred design. We are not about marketing and dark patterns; we are all about making a positive, measurable impact on millions of people through quality products and services.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS
• Lead, plan, develop, and conduct research activities, ensuring the right methods are applied
• Expert knowledge and application of qualitative and quantitative research methods
• Sound understanding of information architecture, interaction design, and visual design principles
• Work closely with client teams to deliver relevant and appropriate research plans and strategies
• Designs and leads workshops across a project lifecycle
• Represents user research across the organisation
• We are passionate about developing people – a demonstrated ability in managing, coaching and developing senior members of your team and wider community
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Excellent commercial awareness
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Experience working in a full-service digital agency environment
• Demonstrable knowledge of user-centred design practices
• Experience working with Agile delivery methodologies
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.