HP is a culture of innovation. We are seeking an experienced growth-oriented leader with a passion towards their craft to guide HP Print into the future through creative thought and brilliant experiences. Join the best and brightest in the industry. In this unique leadership opportunity, your contributions will help to shape HP’s future and revolutionize an industry.
As a design research manager, you will lead a global team of researchers to conduct research, manage projects and mentor your team. You will be working closely with teams across numerous disciplines all focused on delivering experiences for multiple design targets. The ideal candidate is a curious individual who is motivated by growing, developing and motivating others.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors creating user experience design solutions and coordinating projects for products and service lines.
- Ability to lead synthesis, distillation and advocacy of research insights in a way that inspires project teams to act.
- Strong understanding of a variety of research methods ranging from ethnography, interviews, surveys, focus groups and usability tests.
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Communicates project status and escalates issues to direct managers, program managers, and internal and external development partners.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university, Bachelor's, or Master's degree in Business, Design, Human Factors Engineering, Social Sciences research, or equivalent experience required.
- Typically 5 or more years of related work experience, including 0 -2 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language
- Good understanding of HP's policies and processes.