WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
We are looking for a Head of UX Research to lead and grow our team of UX Researchers on a quest to understand and advocate for what people need and why throughout their health and wellness journey. We use qualitative and quantitative research methods to provide actionable information to our design, product, tech and business partners in a test and learn oriented organization. This is your opportunity to lead a team working to make the world a healthier place.
- Lead the team through projects spanning from ambiguous and strategic to tactical and evaluative.
- Take a human centered approach to understand unmet needs, pain points, mental models, test and iterate potential directions, and evaluate solutions.
- Partner with design, product, engineering, and business partners / SME’s to frame and prioritize problems.
- Collaborate with other teams (e.g., Analytics, Behavioral Science, etc.) to triangulate quantitative and qualitative data to better understand and describe customer behavior
- Demonstrate passion for the customer and the ability to empathize with those seeking support for health and weight management /wellness-related issues
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization; applying storytelling techniques to findings that are easy to grasp and action
- Motivate, guide, and inspire your direct reports helping them hone their craft and maximize their effectiveness/impact
- Grow the team to support priority product areas and an organizational culture of testing and learning
- Demonstrate leadership as a practitioner project with cross-functional partners on strategic priorities
- Build maintain and leverage strategic insight frameworks that help to uncover and understand opportunities, gaps and pain points in our experiences and collaborate with cross functional partners to address
- Evolve research processes and best practices to provide both efficiency and effectiveness across WW’s many initiatives
- Prioritize competing needs, manage team resourcing, and general UXR project management
- Create fun and engaging ways to bring the team together
- BA/BS degree in Human Factors, HCI, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Anthropology, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years experience conducting user research through methods such as semi-structured interviews, field research, in-person or remote usability tests
- An established leader, with 3+ years experience managing people. Bonus points for previously working at a mission-driven organization.
- Expert at asking questions and actively listening; able to hear/uncover what’s not being said
- Strong communicator, expressing findings and insights through whatever means necessary to tell the story
- Passionate learner, dedicated to the craft of research and its various methodologies
- Strong leader and coach who fosters independence
- Skilled in providing, and loves receiving, actionable feedback (positive and constructive)
- Strong understanding of, and ability to articulate, the advantages and disadvantages of different research methods, and are able to effectively apply methods appropriately during the product development process.
- Value collaboration, communication, diversity, and inclusivity; recognize that experience comes in many forms
- Proven ability to build, manage, and mentor high-performing teams
Please be prepared to share 2-3 examples of projects you’ve worked on in a research and/or management capacity
At WW, it is our priority to cultivate a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are committed as individuals, as an organization, and as fellow humans, to advocate for and support our employees, our members, and our communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.