At The Home Depot, we get UX; it is baked into our DNA. Now we are expanding our team to drive new initiatives. As a member of the UX team, you will work with other strategists, designers, and researchers to help craft end-to-end experiences and identify customer needs.
You are a researcher with multiple tools in your kit. Whether generative or evaluative, you identify and execute using the right methods for the project. You recognize the value of well-crafted research initiatives along with the value of imagination and play in building great products within a business environment.
In addition to your knowledge of research methods, you have a variety of techniques for analyzing raw data. Your analysis is grounded in the social sciences and industry-leading best practices. and you understand that your research contributes and lays the groundwork to the rest of the UX processes. Your insights inform UX design by helping guide its direction throughout your process. Research is not an end unto itself. You might not consider yourself a designer, but you have a solid awareness of design principles and standards.
You appreciate feedback and support from fellow researchers, designers, engineers, analysts, or product managers in our cross functional environment. You enjoy collaborative effort, taking feedback and input to your research proposals as a means of improving the end result. You are as comfortable influencing business leadership as you are your product leadership and individual contributors. You are the customer and user advocate. You drive innovation by championing actionable user insights, deeply understanding our customers, enhancing product usability, and providing our team avenues to delight our customers. You communicate effectively and share a point of view that guides quality decisions.
- 20% Analysis - Synthesize raw data to create themes; Identify trends to understand confidence levels; Pull themes and trends to callout salient insights that can be utilized to inform design or process improvements
- 15% Coaching and Mentoring - Coaches junior resources in UX activities; Mentors apprentices in product or workstream
- 25% Delivery - Communicate insights that is consumable to relevant audiences; Collaborate with senior or staff peers to frame a point of view to influence most effective impacts; Share broadly insights to peers and partners so that others can gain value; Document insights in the repository so that they are accessible
- 30% Execution - Coordinate and collaborate with product and business partners; Collect data according to the research plan; Ensure quality of data collection using best practices
- 10% Plans and Aligns - Work with balanced team partners to identify problem and scope; Consider the larger strategic outcomes beyond the direct problem; Guide the creation of or create plans that appropriately fill gaps in knowledge by identifying the right participants; Select methods that appropriately understand the gaps in knowledge
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position typically reports to Manager or Sr. Manager
- This position has 0 Direct Reports
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- 5-7 years of research experience in an Enterprise environment or degree in related field
- 5-7 years of experience working with agile software development teams
- Desire to thrive in a fast-moving environment
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and self- manage complex projects
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results