At Aldi, we’ve had a wave of impressive sales figures. It means now, more than ever, our user experience needs to work perfectly, which is why we’re on the lookout for multiple highly motivated Experience Designers to join the team at our office in Tamworth.
As an Experience Designer, you will ensure usability and adoption of service, create a consistent experience across all customer touch points, design world class experiences, follow industry trends and match the highest accessibility standards.
This is a fantastic opportunity for driven individuals to play a key role in Aldi’s digital presence. Ready to take the next step? Apply to join #TeamAldi today!
- Take an ‘outside in’ design approach i.e. thinks what does this need to look like from an end/user customer perspective.
- Use design tools to create concept sketches, user flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes and interaction specifications.
- Link the development of conceptual ideas into concrete designs in line with a brands identity and business strategy.
- Provide a clear vision for improving design processes and explaining and presenting design decisions to service designers business owners and stakeholders.
- Consider existing applications and evaluating their UX effectiveness.
- Consider the human-computer interaction element of a design.
- Define interaction models, user task flows and user interface specs.
- Communicate scenarios (hypothetical users), end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to other people working on a product.
- Develop and maintain design wireframes (basic mock-ups of applications) and specifications.
- Run user testing of applications, software and websites.
- Work with Service Designers to understand the macro level design to enable detailed work on user experience aspects.
- Work with Research and Customer Insight IOU Teams to utilise customer research, analytics and insights to optimise designs.
- Work collaboratively with the UI/UX centre of excellence within the Central Technical Team.
- Work with Product Teams to define features and user stories.
- Work with visual designers to incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished product.
- Design at a conceptual (macro) and detailed level for new services being introduced for customers.
- Bring customer propositions to life from a service perspective.
- Prototype/pilot new services to test their commercial and operational viability.
- Ensure a holistic, joined up end user (customer) experience is designed and tested.
Essential Skills Required:
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in digital projects or departments
- Previous experience in designing customer facing assets or services.
- Expertise in the development of customer journeys, service blueprints and workshop facilitation.
- Excellent presentation materials development skills.
- Working in agile team environments – being a team player.
- Excellent creative design capabilities.
- Mobile first in native or bespoke.
- Exposure to digital relevant technology areas (e.g. web content management, Mobile Apps, Customer Relationship Management, Marketing campaign planning and execution).
- Confidence to suggest improvements or new services.
Desirable Skills Required:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject area.
- Experienced with IT software procurement and implementation projects.
- B2C retail experience.
- Experience working with UX elements and design.
- Previous experience using creative design software (Sketch, Figma, Miro).
- Customer centric outlook.
- Experience of working in software implementation projects.
- Familiar with workshopping and sprint process.
- An understanding of service design
- Salary starting from £47,100, rising to £54,255.
- 5-day/40-hour week, working Monday- Friday.
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- In office flexi-time.
- Full training provided.
- Company pension from commencement.
- Private employee medical insurance after 4 years.
- Life assurance.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay after 2 years.
- Long service rewards.
- A variety of Aldi Perks including bike to work scheme, discounted gym passes, accommodation, travel, cinema and family day out tickets.
Please submit all applications as soon as possible.