Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Do you have an interest in understanding how people think and behave? On the Design Research & Strategy team, our mission is to lay a user-centered and data-driven foundation for Adobe product design and development. We are seeking an Experience Researcher with a passion for building tools to amplify human creative expression to guide our video, AI, and Machine Learning product teams through a variety of research methods. This is an opportunity to contribute to cross-disciplinary efforts to redefine Adobe's creative tools with AI!
What You’ll Do
- Assess a project’s scope, brainstorm appropriate research questions, and identify appropriate research method/s.
- Run research studies from start to finish, including; developing a realistic research plan and materials, recruiting participants, and synthesizing data into findings.
- Advocate for the customer by articulating your research findings and product ideas through clear and insightful presentations.
- Build partnerships with different roles across the product team to understand and influence business goals, system architecture, and product designs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Some hands-on research experience in either an academic or industry setting.
- An undergraduate degree from a 4-year, accredited institution.
- Proven ability to use multiple research methods and are able to explain the rationale for using each one.
- Willingness/ability to question the face-value interpretation of assumptions and others’ interpretations of data.
- A self-starter when it comes to problem solving, requiring only minimal help from a manager or research lead.
- Can collaborate effectively across all project roles (design, research, product management, engineering, etc.
- Don’t just summarize study data, but go one step further to identify meaningful user needs and/or product issues.
- Can proactively identify and communicate clear product solutions based on these findings.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to others, sometimes in various ways to meet the needs of different recipients (reports, user profiles, scenarios, etc.).
- Experience presenting work to your immediate project team and at the management level.
Nice To Haves
- Experience working in an industry setting where you collaborated with designers, product managers, or engineers.
- An advanced degree in psychology, anthropology, data science, or a related field.
- Familiarity with Adobe’s creative tools.
Why you’ll love working here
- Collaborate with and learn from other researchers from a wide range of backgrounds; Psychology, Anthropology, HCI, Computer Science, Design and Management, Linguistics, and more.
- At Adobe, we value the differences in others’ stories and ideas— You’ll be able to bring your authentic self to work every day.
- We offer a competitive benefits package including; unlimited vacation days, 401k matching, educational reimbursement, wellness dollars, fertility benefits, parental leave, childcare assistance, gender reassignment benefits, and more!
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world’s ability to create and communicate. We’re a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe’s three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.