Job Category : Customer Support / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care
Job Location : San Francisco
The Customer Experience & Insights (CXI) organization leverages qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate the effectiveness of customers’ touchpoints with PG&E. We do this through data analytics, journey mapping, qualitative and quantitative research, process improvement, and program management. We build empathy and advocate on behalf of customers and develop actionable insights to influence strategy and improve customer experience.
Work location will be determined by hiring leader and the successful candidate.
We are looking for a knowledgeable User Experience (UX) research professional who gets excited about working collaboratively with business partners to perform web usability testing and other research to deliver compelling insights to inspire business impact. As a User Experience Researcher, you will leverage usability tools and research methods to provide actionable insights that drive future website design improvements. You will work to improve the usability and usefulness of pge.com by working with various stakeholders to understand business challenges and requirements, designing studies to effectively obtain customer feedback and working with others to implement the insights.
You will be working in close partnership with the Digital Strategy team who optimizes pge.com using the same tools and insights a retailer would use to drive revenue (session replay, web analytics, A/B tests, and feedback surveys), only for us it’s about lowering the cost to serve our 5.4 million customers. The team functions like a startup but with the backing of an established brand. You will be working in the Agile development framework and will play a key role in how PG&E shows up via the web with renewed customer focus.
- Work closely with business counterparts to understand their business needs, provide guidance on the best testing approach and design, drive all aspects of user-testing research, and deliver insights that are clear, relevant, and actionable to inspire and influence strategy and decisions.
- Perform benchmarking and best practices and proactively identify solutions for how to improve the usability of website information and applications.
- Work with the Digital Strategy team to develop usability testing plan, develop success criteria, analyze results and provide recommendations
- Perform concept and validation usability testing to determine whether new features and enhancements meet business and usability objectives as well as customer needs.
- Manage usability research and perform operational data analysis to extract insights and package them to tell compelling customer stories that guide Digital Strategy in making website changes.
- Act as a thought leader, bringing user-testing strategy expertise to the development of strategy or resolution to complex issues. Articulate company’s overall usability and user-centric vision across the company.
- Present findings and recommendations to Directors and Managers to influence decision making.
- Develop customer research testimony.
- Write Requests for Proposals and coordinate with Sourcing to develop vendor contracts.
- Manage vendor performance budgets and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science, human computer interaction, human factors, psychology, interface design, computer science, marketing, business, statistics, communications, or related field or equivalent work
- 8 years of relevant experience in customer research and insights
- MA/MS in behavioral science or closely related discipline. Qualifying fields include but are not limited to: Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology (Cognitive or Experimental), Interface Design, or Computer Science
- Experienced customer researcher who has designed and managed a wide variety of user research, heuristic evaluations, and usability testing
- Experience as a usability analyst, usability support analyst, or similar role in a professional environment.
- Expertise with a range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, and knowing how to fit research methodologies with the problem to be solved
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Able to lead, inspire and organize design teams to deliver top notch experiences through user-centric design methodologies
- Experience with Agile development
- Proven track record of delivering compelling research insights that inspire action
- Ability to see the big picture context and apply it to rigorous research design, analysis and synthesis, and communication of results
- Demonstrated success in presenting findings, making recommendations, and influencing stakeholders across all organizational levels
- Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively prioritize work, meet deadlines and work on multiple tasks independently
- Ability to lead large and complex projects involving multiple stakeholders with differing priorities
- Experience in moderating qualitative research
- Experience with low income and disadvantaged communities
- Familiarity with Regulatory situations and needs