THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Drive, own and establish customer understanding at TIER, helping to sustain an informed and empathetic organization.
- Look around corners, see patterns, and connect dots to proactively contribute to a broader vision for TIER's future of changing mobility for good.
- Define, articulate and drive the vision for Research & Insights at TIER and own the roadmap of creating deep understanding about our customers and markets.
- Lean into innovative techniques to advance the craft of user research, market research and consumer insights within the mobility sector.
- Lead, grow and evolve our exceptional team of research & insights professionals through ongoing coaching and support of each individual.
- Scale and democratize research beyond the Research & Insights Team, helping other teams to run smaller researches on their own.
- Work closely with product, design, marketing, public policy, BI and other teams across the organization to define the most important research questions, and have a clear POV on the most important insights needed for their success.
- Promote research insights to go beyond TIER boundaries and help TIER to become a thought leader on micro-mobility research.
- You report into and sparr with the Director Product / Customer Journey.
GET AN IMPRESSION OF THE TEAM
At TIER we are striving to change mobility for good - providing seamless, sustainable and inclusive mobility to everyone - for this highly ambitious purpose we are looking for a Head of Research / Research Lead who will help us shape the future of mobility, by providing clear and actionable insights and a deep understanding of our customers and users as well as the mobility market and industry.
For Research at TIER we are currently building a diverse team of highly skilled individuals with backgrounds and experience in Customer Insights, Market Research, UX / User Research, Human Factors and Hardware Research. For this team, we are looking for an empathetic and humble leader, with a proven ability to empower your research team to produce their best work, build an inclusive environment and support everyone in their personal growth.
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Work with us on our mission to change mobility for good
- TIER is the fastest growing mobility Company in Europe
- You work in a diverse team of experienced and motivated engineers
- A steep learning curve - learn in one year at TIER what you learn elsewhere in five
- Big impact on customers - our app is constantly in the top 10 of the German app chart
- Possibility to work remotely
YOU'LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ years of experience in User Research, Human Factors, HCI, Market Research, Customer Insights or related field.
- 3+ years in leading research teams.
- Degree and background in HCI, HCD, Cognitive Science, Behavioral Science, Psychology, Human Factors or other related field.
- Deep understanding of diverse research methodologies, skill with large data sets, and a track record of translating insights into material business impact.
- Excellent people leader skills - inspiring, coaching and supporting everyone on the team to elevate their work and a professional approach to giving and receiving feedback.
- Demonstrated capability in building and scaling research capacity and research thinking in organizations.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves from time to time and directly conduct research as needed, applying the right approach for the job at hand.
- Comfortable presenting to groups, working cross-functionally to build relationships, and crafting compelling stories from data.
- Good empathy and ability to listen (but you are also a good conversation starter!)
- Well demonstrated ability to ruthlessly prioritize and build processes that scale.
- Thrive in an ambiguous, fast growing and continuously changing environment.
- You are a highly curious and analytical person who craves knowledge and understanding - with an intrinsic love for research.
- You are a skilled and experienced researcher who is energized by the chance to get closer to people, to understand their world, to deep-dive into markets and share that understanding with others.
Basically, we’re changing how a city breathes and moves with sustainable and innovative ways to improve urban travel options for everyone. We’re on a one-way trip to create a world with less pollution, less traffic jams and more ways to explore your city without leaving an impact. And, we’re the best at what we do in the whole of Europe.
Since we opened our doors in October 2018, 80+ cities have chosen us across 14 markets. More than 450+ people have joined us on our mission to change mobility for good. We’re the first in our industry to become climate-neutral, and we’ve been named one of the 50 Sustainability and Climate Leaders.
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we are progressive trailblazers, who don’t just accept diversity, we embrace it, celebrate it and thrive on it. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Come as you are and join our ride!