Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a UX Researcher on a contract basis to help support our Customer’s business needs. This role will work with other UX researchers and cross-functional team members to push the boundaries of what is possible in AR/VR products. Ultimately, your research expertise and ingenuity must do more than contribute to knowledge - it must drive measurable, positive impact on the solutions and experiences our Client delivers for these new technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Design & conduct UX research to guide the development of novel multi-sensory AR and VR experiences leveraging a range of qualitative and quantitative UX research methods such as literature reviews, contextual interviews, usability testing, lab-based experimentation, and surveys.
- Translate research insights into actionable and measurable guidance that will inform implementation with cross-functional partners.
- Work closely with partners and stakeholders to influence the development and integration of future AR/VR experiences and solutions
- Work closely with other UX researchers to design research plans and specific studies, as well as communicate findings with stakeholders and drive the impact of the work.
- Independently complete research, including data collection, data analysis, reporting, collaborating with teams to act upon research results, and knowledge consolidation.
- Demonstrate a rigorous mixed-methods approach to UX research making it possible to uncover data and insights that guide the measurable advancement of human-centered multi-sensory experiences that are useful, usable, and desirable.
- Work in collaboration with our Audio, Graphics, Haptics, and Displays & Optics teams to help optimize multi-sensory displays and experiences.
- 4+ years of experience overall
- 2+ years of experience conducting applied qualitative and quantitative research in the industry on consumer products.
- 2+ years of experience conducting UX research with AR/VR-related technologies (e.g., HMDs, smart glasses, headphones, smart speakers, and more).
- 1+ years of working in cross-functional teams.
- Experience using psychophysical/psychoacoustic methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in tailoring messages to various stakeholders.
- Must have Quantitative and Qualitative research skills.
- Must be a sensation expert and knowledgeable in collaborating with clients.
- Must be knowledgeable in Experimental Design.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- MS/Ph.D. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Neuropsychology, Perceptual Psychology, or a UX-related field.
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. The expectation is to be on-site at our customer’s Redmond, WA office.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record (Available upon completion of waiting period for eligible engagements)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
Please note: In order to create a safe, productive work environment, our client requires all contractors to be fully vaccinated according to the CDC guidelines (please inform your employer if you need a medical or religious exemption). Prior to onboarding, contractors will be required to attest that they are fully vaccinated. Boosters are required to be received by March 28, 2022, or six months after receiving the final dose of the original vaccination series, whichever is later. The expected Return to Office date is July 2022.