Brilliant Experience’s team works directly with clients to make research-driven and human-centered product and service design recommendations.
The Jr. UX Designer is inquisitive, open to learning, and wants a strong foundation in a range of user research methods.
They do this by:
- Articulating the best UX approach for a problem through wireframes and prototypes
- Helping to shape and support how we tell customer stories, whether that’s through video, infographics, personas, journey maps and more
- Having a baseline understanding of the advantages (and limitations) of user experience and/or consumer research methodologies
- Having the instincts for (and some experience in) recommending the right approach for a given project
The Jr. UX Designer at Brilliant Experience will:
- Work with the Brilliant Experience team, and with clients, to create user-centric recommendations
- Create wireframes and prototypes – predominately in Axure – to help illustrate solutions
- Help execute research that solves a range of problems
- Support result summaries, personas, journey and opportunity maps, and (when appropriate) suggest updated information architectures, wireframes, etc.
- Be a key contributor to a team (of 1 to many)
- Help support responses to new business opportunities (note: this is not sales, but we’re a small company)
- 1-3 years of hands-on client experience outside of an academic program
- High proficiency in Axure. Sketch and/or Figma are good-to-know, but this is an Axure RP-focused position for now
- A portfolio of work samples (see “How to Apply” below for more information). One of these samples should include a prototype
- A working knowledge of different research methods
- A related, secondary skill to show cross-discipline thinking. For instance: interface design, information architecture, graphic design, data science, content strategy, etc.
- Comfortable participating in client workshops
- Good at reading people and building professional relationships
- A strong verbal and written communicator
Please note: for the foreseeable future, this is a work-from-home position. Candidates must be highly comfortable working remotely.
Eventually, this role will require some weekly on-site time with clients in the D.C area. Unfortunately, we can’t provide relocation costs.
As cliché as it might sound, we want you to live your best life. Satisfied people do their best work.
We provide a highly-competitive salary, platinum-level medical and dental insurance, a monthly cell phone stipend, a 401(K) plan, annual paid training opportunities, and unlimited vacation.