Stitch Fix is transforming the way people find what they love. Our Product Design team has designed unique, innovative software for customers, merchandising, styling and warehouse and inventory management. We leverage customer data and user research to personalize our service and make smart bets. The result is a powerful offering to our customers and a successful business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We're looking for more outstanding designers to contribute to our evolution.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Lead UX researcher, you will drive customer-facing research projects from start to finish, including discovery and usability research. Stitch Fix has a user-centered culture, you’ll help innovate and surface user research to the teams who use it to make decisions and evolve the customer experience as the business continues to transform the way customers find what they love.
WHAT’S YOU’LL DO
- UX research! From early-stage ethnography and contextual inquiry to card-sorting, surveys, and usability studies, you’ll design and run studies that make a recognized contribution to user experience goals
- Partner with product designers, product managers, and other key stakeholders to identify research topics and questions of interest that are relevant to the business
- Design studies to answer research questions, working with lead researchers as necessary for more complex projects
- Partner with other research functions (Data Science, UX Data Science, Marketing Research) to design the most appropriate study for a given research area
- Recruit participants, manage participant incentives, organize data collected from studies, and drive insight sessions with the project team
- Create and maintain complete, clear project plans for projects of moderate to large scope and complexity, keeping partners updated about schedules and deliverables
- Project-manage vendor studies as necessary
- Evangelize research insights to a broad section of the company, including senior leadership, becoming the go-to expert for questions on user behavior in your program areas
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU…
- 8+ years experience as a UX researcher, designing, running, and reporting on your own studies
- Demonstrated mastery of all major qualitative user research methodologies
- Competence in key quantitative methodologies, e.g. card sorting and surveys
- Demonstrated understanding of quantitative research and knowledge of the strengths and limitations of when to use qualitative vs when to use quantitative methodologies
- You have an “always-learning” attitude and practice – you consistently seek out new challenges in work and process to expand your skill set
- Demonstrated ability to project manage your work and communicate expectations and status with stakeholders and partners
- Ability to draw meaningful insights from research and communicate them clearly and powerfully to stakeholders
- An educational background in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or related field
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE…
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same.
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation.
- We are a technologically and data-driven business.
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love.”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things.
- We believe in autonomy and taking initiative.
- We challenge and develop ourselves, and we strive to have meaningful impact.
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We value diverse thought and talent, and we strive to create an inclusive culture.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
ABOUT STITCH FIX
Stitch Fix is an online personal style service for men and women combining art and science to disrupt and redefine the retail industry. We’re the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a refined and deeply personalized shopping experience. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity; and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute! We’d love for you to help us carry on the trend.