Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and a leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We’re looking for a strategic qualitative researcher who has worked on digital experiences and specializes in actionable insights that drive impact on products for businesses. This position will be based out of our Seattle office, embedded with cross-functional product and design teams. In the foreseeable few months, this role will be working remotely along with the rest of his/her team members until our local office reopens. The ideal candidate is an experienced researcher who can lead, design, execute, and communicate impactful research on a deadline in a fast paced development process, and is excited about establishing the research discipline in a satellite office outside of headquarters.
What you’ll do:
- Prioritize research needs across multiple work streams to work on the right project at the right time and ensure impact
- Conduct research that varies in approach, scale, scope, timeframe and methodologies (may include ethnographic, interview, participatory workshops, usability, focus groups, surveys, remotely moderated UX, Market Research and experiments)
- Build strong relationships as a strategic partner with Product, Design, Engineering, Writing, Analytics, Product Marketing & Sales teams at Pinterest to identify high impact work and ensure it lands within the organization
- Proactively communicate and share your research findings with team members, executives, and other audiences in compelling, actionable, and engaging ways
- Influence others through insights to shape how businesses use Pinterest, ranging from mobile and desktop tools, and including experiences for both new and existing businesses
- Provide leadership at a technical (craft, methodology, operations) and domain (product, user, organizational) level, to fellow researchers and XFN partners
What we’re looking for:
- Five or more years experience in end-end product research, from recruitment through final deliverable
- Experience conducting research in complex domains (eg: developer products, ads, business, fintech, healthcare, etc.)
- Ability to balance a need for speed and DIY spirit with rigor and commitment to craft
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to see the big picture
- Experience establishing the research discipline in a team or organization
- Ability and willingness to travel 30% of the time to our headquarters in San Francisco in addition to occasional field research, post COVID & following CDC and local guidance