Digital Workplace is looking for a passionate and influential UX Researcher to help our store partners and push our solutions to a new level. We are a group of user-centered researchers and designers that is growing fast, which means you will have the opportunity to make an impact not just on the product, but on how the organization works.
About The Role
Partnering closely with designers, product managers, and business partners, our UX team conducts exploratory, formative, and evaluative research studies that enable teams to make informed and confident decisions. In this role you’ll be expected to plan, lead and socialize high profile research projects to drive strategy. You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work efficiently and effectively with cross-functional teams. You can perform and improvise under tight timelines and changing environments. You are a natural leader and an advocate for our partners. You are an excellent communicator, excited to work closely with stakeholders, and motivated by Starbucks mission and values.
What You'll Do
- Act in a consultative and advisory role to various levels within the design and product teams to identify research topics and plan studies for both generative and evaluative purposes.
- Plan design and lead research projects end to end and facilitate the experience for our team.
- Conduct research using a wide range of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods.
- Package insights into tools and assets for designers, product managers, and business partners to leverage (personas, frameworks, use cases, design principles, scenarios, etc.)
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways, tailoring findings to suit the audience.
- Drive leadership buy in and support by regularly meeting, presenting findings, connecting to business outcomes and quantifying business value.
- Find creative and compelling ways to present and evangelize insights throughout the company.
- Create artifacts, educational tools, experiences and processes that help build and evangelize the UX Research within the larger organization.
What's Great About The Opportunity
- User experience is a strategic priority and the landscape is wide open in terms of defining the best ways to work and ways to influence product definition and partner outcomes.
- You'll own research not just for the current vertical’s products that you’re responsible for, but the broader future that these experiences could help people achieve as well.
- You'll be establishing many of the practices and processes to make this team successful.
Summary Of Experience
- 6+ years of experience in user research related to software and digital experiences
- 2+ years of experience of driving large scale research and product roadmaps
- Familiarity with a wide variety of qualitative research methods such as: concept testing, ethnographic-style fieldwork, group discussions, card sorting, workshops, remote studies, etc.
- Experience designing and summarizing surveys
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- A proven track record of successful partnership with product managers, designers, analytics, engineers, and other business partners
- Brings experience leading remote studies
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.