Marshmallow’s Mission 🚀
We’re building a digital insurer that is affordable, instant and inclusive.
We use machine learning, automation, our own technology stack and comprehensive data integrations to offer quicker, simpler and fairer insurance to customers. We’re trying to build the largest, most technological insurance company of our generation, and we’ve got a long-way to go!
Currently, despite only being founded 3.5 years ago, we are valued at over $300m and have raised $35m to date! We have also been named one of London’s best startups to work for in 2021, check out the article here.
We are a team of over 80, have over half a million customers, a 4.6* Trustpilot and are championed by amazing investors who have backed the likes of Monzo and Spotify.
You can find out about our culture and what working at Marshmallow is like here.
Role Description 📖
We are looking for an experienced User Researcher with knowledge in product design and product thinking to help Marshmallow re-imagine the way claims are reported and managed across insurance. This is a unique opportunity to work in a newly formed team on a signature moment in customers experience.
The team will focus on building tools for both customers and agents that will improve operational efficiency while delivering a world-class customer experience. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who gets excited at having a deep understanding of an end to end experience.
What you’ll be doing 🤔
- Working with cross-functional teams to surface key insights, and help the teams understand what the users need and why – ensuring a customer voice is at the heart of everything we do.
- Executing creative ways to collect, investigate and communicate customer behaviours that will inform the product and features we create.
- Identifying gaps in the experience and proactively planning and running medium and long-term discovery research to help shape product strategy.
- Communicating research findings with business stakeholders, product managers, designers, and engineers to create alignment across teams.
- Prioritising your work based on what work will bring the biggest benefits to the team and uncover relevant insights that genuinely impact direction.
- Collaborating with different partners across Marshmallow to understand the details and impact of an experience.
Who you are 🙋
- Experience - You have experience in leading exploratory and evaluative research projects with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Background - You have a degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field, and/or relevant professional experience.
- Customer advocate - You are passionate about understanding customers' needs and using an evidence based approach to product development, while balancing business needs.
- Insight driven - You enjoy using a mix of qualitative and quantitative data to understand people’s lives and what drives their behaviour. You are able to translate these insights to product teams to unlock opportunities for innovation.
- Expert communicator - You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are able to clearly articulate the learnings from your research and explain the consequences of them.
- Relationship builder - You have strong interpersonal skills and can easily build relationships with your partners in product, engineering, business, and design.
- Educator - You contribute to the development of Research across the organisation by empowering and educating others through workshops, training sessions and reviews. Your mentorship maintains our team’s high standard of work.
- Competitive salary 💵
- Stock options 👩👩👦👦
- 33 day holiday allowance (inc bank holidays) 🏖️
- Pension 👵🏽
- Health insurance 🏥
- Cycle to work scheme 🚲
- Learning and training 📚
- Budget to help you set up working from home 🕑
- Our process consists of a phone interview with a member of our People team, a technical interview and task with members of our product and design team and finally a round with our CEO to assess culture fit.
- We are able to let you know if you are invited to an interview or not. However, we do receive a lot of applications and as a small team we are unable to give individual feedback on each application
- Due to Covid we are currently working from home. We have an office space in Farringdon but how we use this will be driven by the guidance and advice at the time