Founded in 2010, FunPlus is a world class, independent game developer and publisher headquartered in Greater Zurich Area (Zug), Switzerland and with operations in China, Japan, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Russia and United States. As an organization that fosters the best creative talent in the world, employing nearly 1,700, the company has developed and published mobile games that have ranked in the #1 spot in nearly 70 countries, which includes State of Survival, Kings of Avalon and Guns of Glory. FunPlus studios include Imagendary, KingsGroup, Puzala, and Seven Games, each with a focus on developing a unique brand of strategy, puzzle and role-playing games, respectively.
The FunPlus brand powers FunPlus Phoenix (FPX), one of the world’s most successful esports organizations.
You will be reporting to the Global Head of User Experience, you will primarily be responsible for supporting all FunPlus studios around the world to make sure that their games provide the best User Experience possible. You will build a small user research team in FunPlus Global HQ, Zug, conduct adequate research and deliver insightful results with actionable recommendations.
What You’ll Do
- Provide insights of our games and players to help our studio make more informed decisions;
- Work with various stakeholders and fellow researchers to define the potential problems that will facilitate the development of research;
- Design bespoke research plans for each project, based on the type of game, target audience, core mechanics, and R&D stages;
- Lead in-house/external research: utilize a broad range of research methods including but not limited to Concept tests, On-site/remote play tests, Focus Groups, Surveys, Competitive Analysis, Internal/External Expert Reviews;
- Work with fellow researchers and various stakeholders to define recommendations of product improvement based on data analysis;
- Present the research results to stakeholders and consistently improve the user experience of all Funplus games from a player-centric point of view;
- Build a small user research team from scratch, train and mentor junior researchers, develop the research resource and external partners;
- Cooperate with multiple teams of the global UX department to optimize the research standard, process, and benchmarks.
- 3+ years of User Research/Consumer Insight working experience in game industry;
- Education background in UX or human-subject research such as human-computer interaction, human factors, informatics, cognitive science, psychology is a plus;
- Familiar with different research methods and able to adopt the best method for a given research problem;
- Proven experiences with both quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Ability to communicate professionally and comfortably across all functions of the FunPlus organization, including external partners and contacts;
- Strong ability to manage tasks and projects from concept through to completion;
- Task driven, self-motivated, excellent time management skills, cross timezone working experience is an asset;
- A demonstrated passion for mobile games; rich mobile game experience as a player is an asset;
- Strong preference for English-language proficiency – familiarity with Mandarin a plus.