About the job
kumu is looking for a Lead UX Researcher who can reveal what the consumers need from the business' products by conducting primary research, exploring consumer behavior and motivation, and working with the Product Management and Design Department to develop new product features; overall leading the UX research efforts of Kumu and head the user research team in order to create more effective and impactful product features and designs.
As Lead UX Researcher, you will be expected to:
- Gather information from users by way of a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, including interviews, contextual inquiries, diary studies, personas, card sorting, and usability testing .
- Understand our users and creating accurate and updated user personas is important for the continuous growth of the company.
- Be at the forefront of these efforts and develop strategies to keep up with our growing user base.
- Lead and delegate tasks to the User Research team. They will work closely with the Product Managers to research, validate, and test new product ideas and feature enhancements before rollout.
- Actively learn more about our users. Their insights will not only impact improvements in the product, but may also aid in the efforts of the marketing and growth teams.
- Minimum 4+ years experience in UX Research
- Able to lead and delegate tasks effectively
- Curious about understanding customers' needs
- Enjoys finding the root cause to problems and issues
- Eager to grow and be part of a thriving startup (that's us!)
- Experience conducting unmoderated user tests is a plus