Position: Lead UX Researcher
Department: Product/Design - Research & Innovation
Reports to: Head of Research
Location: London or Bristol, UK
We are looking for an exceptional Lead UX Researcher to join our Strategy & Innovation team. This is an opportunity to work on wide-ranging, strategic projects spanning multiple teams and departments and shape the direction of our Product and Technology teams.
Our Strategy, Research and Innovation team works on large cross-pillar programmes and helps validate our strategic roadmap for the next few years. You'll be working with a cross functional team, to explore, validate and incubate key strategic bets, and outline the future direction and work for the wider tech organisation.
As a holistic thinker, you'll be passionate about understanding all things about our users, whether that be a customer, restaurant partner, couriers or our internal teams that support them. You'll be hungry for insights - keen to get stuck in and uncover our users' needs across the end to end experience, then using these insights to help shape the vision and strategy.
We Think This Job Might Be For You If
- You care about creating great solutions that delight and inspire users
- You are a passionate advocate for our users
- You like working in a collaborative team. We like to tackle problems together, in a workshop or using a whiteboard
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring others
- You enjoy working in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
- You like working client-side but are keen to see your work released quickly and regularly
- You like working on problems, not features
As a member of the Research discipline, Lead Researchers share accountability for:
Strategy, Research & Vision
- Lead multiple, complex, large-scale research pieces
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, your job will include research and facilitation, and working with stakeholders to develop solutions
- Lead discovery initiatives and identify insights through contextual research and market analysis to uncover our users behaviours, pain points, trends and needs
- Communicate these insights, and develop artifacts such as product concepts, personas, customer journeys, concepts, system maps and scenarios
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure the visions and concepts are aligned with the broader business goals, and are set to deliver strategic value, and contribute to the business case development
Communicator & Facilitator
- Comfortably facilitate workshops and co-creation sessions as well as immersive workshops
- Be an exceptional communicator and storyteller. You use clear and simply language to tell user stories, ensuring that our users are at the centre of everything we do.
Culture, People & Practice
- Recommend and work to ensure researchers are deployed and that projects/programmes are designed in a way to most effectively deliver the largest user value - in the shortest time frame.
- Coach & Mentor members of the UX&D within the multiple projects you are leading, and assist the Head of Research to ensure high performance and research excellence
- Ensure we have the right mix of skills in our teams via recruitment, performance management including coaching and development to ensure we are able to deliver our strategy.
- Work with the Design Leadership to create new processes and frameworks and optimise existing ones, and ensure these are rolled out and executed correctly.
Your Profile & Experience
Required skills and experience
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- Significant industry experience in a Senior or Lead Researcher role, working on large scale, strategic projects
- Experience mentoring and coaching researchers in great research practices
- Experience with line management of 1-2 researchers is preferred
- Experience delivering a research vision or strategy which has shaped the roadmap of multiple teams
- Significant experience crafting research using mixed qualitative and quantitative to tackle complex, large scale projects and questions
- Commercial awareness, and understands the business value of solving our users problems
- Experience influencing decision-makers to make user-led decisions, and is comfortable communicating and presenting user insights
- Experience setting clear goals, deadlines and key milestones for both research discovery and validation, and tracking progress against these successfully
- Experience in managing and influencing senior stakeholders
- You are a powerful communicator, comfortable communicating in front of large audiences
- Experience working closely with product, engineering, business analysis and delivery teams in fast-paced product-led businesses
Why work at Just Eat?
Just Eat UK is part of Just Eat Takeaway.com, a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 23 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We're built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat. We're a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
Department: Data & AI