GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, 20 million people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $30 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
We are looking for an action-oriented, and strategic Lead UX Researcher to solve some of the most ambiguous and complex user problems in the healthcare space. This role will be responsible for helping uphold and establish a proper research process, mentoring researchers and designers as needed, and leading the way in some of the most strategic, big problem area research GoodRx team has.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll work with Product Management, Data, Product Design, and/or Marketing to drive highly actionable and meaningful research insights to inform product and feature directions. You'll know you're successful when you've influenced strategic decisions that alleviate our patient users’ biggest pain-points. Specifically, you'll:
- Collaborate with the rest of the researchers regularly, ensuring close communication and awareness of all the research across the organization, building and refining research processes as a team
- You'll work with team members in your product verticals to identify, prioritize and scope research needs from small to large, ensuring proper prioritization of the most impactful research work
- Build a strong relationship with your product, data, design, and marketing counterparts to inform and shape how we do discovery of new products and features across GoodRx
- Design and execute research projects, choosing the right mix of quant/qual methods to answer complex questions. You’re highly collaborative, bringing your team members into your research process to grow their understanding of the user problems we’re trying to solve
- Provide guidance and training on research tools and techniques to encourage self-service UX research amongst your team members
- Strategize and communicate research findings across the organization to spread the importance of user research and the positive impact it brings to the product development process, as needed
- Be the voice of the customer, a research thought leader and continuously advocating for our users
What we look for:
- You’re passionate about solving user problems
- You’re biased towards action, super scrappy and strategic, and has experience operating autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- You’re a relentless driver to get things done, you know what you have to do and will do what it takes to unblock any hurdles that get thrown your way
- You have deep expertise with qualitative and quantitative research methods, and can easily know when to use which - depending on the problem you’re solving
- You know when to push for what you believe in and when to be flexible
- You welcome change and open to trying new ways of doing things you are highly collaborative, and likes to bring everyone along in your research process
- You know your audience, and are a great synthesizer of complex user feedback and data, and can translate them into succinct and actionable insights, you’re also an extremely strong communicator, able to clearly and efficiently articulate your findings with the team to inform product decisions
- You’re a stickler for efficiency and process, and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to drive better ways of working
- You enjoy mentoring other researchers or designers
- You have experience using user research tools such as Qualtrics, UserZoom, dScout, Surveymonkey, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in user research related to software and digital experiences
- MA/MS or PhD in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field is preferred, or equivalent work experience
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and 20 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.