THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG is an international technology company and leading online retailer, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, Myprotein, and ESPA; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity.
We are building a world-class business with global ambitions, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model.
We are looking for a super talented Lead UX Researcher to join our ever-growing team of digital experts and critical specialists within the THG UX Team. You will be a key player in developing world class UX solutions to support continued THG business growth and client wins across our high-profile ecommerce portfolio which includes the likes of Nestle, Homebase and Coca Cola.
The THG UX team are a multi-disciplined digital team split into two key areas - UX Design, UX Research. We work collaboratively with our business stakeholders within THG to provide design solutions for THG branded owned sites and sites that harness the THG Ingenuity platform. We work across all aspects of UX workflow from discovery all the way through to delivery. We also deliver research and experimentation insights that help us drive rationale for our design decisions as well as identifying opportunities for platform automation, scalability and future product innovation.
- The THG UX Team is led by the Head of UX
- You will report directly into The Head of UX who will handle your individual 1-1s to discuss career progression, cascade important information and general well being
- You will be expected to line manage a sub team of more UX Researchers
- You’ll be a member of the THG UX team and will play an active role in team stand-ups, design meetings and work shares
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Ergonomics, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Graphic Design or a related field.
- 6+ years UX research (or similar academic research) experience.
- Experience with and good understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods and data analysis.
- Understanding and demonstrable application of psychology principles and behavioural frameworks, and ability to apply these in research planning and execution.
- Experience of people or team management within a UX team
- Ability to take ownership and drive initiatives to improve research processes within the organisation
- Has proven ability to lead large scale UX projects and has high developed UX skills and specialisms
- Will line manage a team of researchers and is able to help coach and mentor the next generation of design talent at THG
- Is a potential future Research Leader and is a confident and vocal advocate for Design and UX thinking across THG
- Can confidently engage a wide range of stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration at all stages of the UX process
- Works closely with The Head of UX to grow the team, have an impact on overall team shape and processes
- Has a wide range of UX methods and approaches to call upon to satisfy diverse project needs
- You will innovate boldly and help form vision and strategy in tackling business critical challenges
- Follows a highly user centred approach, ensuring both qual & quant data are used to inform design decisions, and shape solutions
- Introduce and pioneer new research processes and techniques, as well as formalise and improve existing ones.
- Promotes design and accessibility standards to ensure consistency across product areas and brands
- You are a vocal and passionate advocate for research and insights across THG and a confident communicator
- You will have a working knowledge of the industry standard research platforms including Usertesting, Userzoom, Optimal Workshop and Survey Monkey.
- Experience of industry standard Digital Design software (such as Figma and Invision) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of conducting research with modular frameworks, Component libraries and Design systems would be an advantage
The THG UX team are successful by:
- Challenge – You'll be strong with stakeholders to clarify requirements, priorities and ambiguity to help us succeed.
- Collaboration – You'll always seek to be collaborative and inclusive within your project work and seek to co-create where possible with your stakeholders.
- Commerciality – You'll inquisitive about other teams' functions within THG to embed design thinking and help solve wider business critical challenges.
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary in a growth inducive environment
- Bonus Scheme
- Remote & Flexible Working
- Build solutions using the latest technology
- Work with reputed THG clients across industries and geographies
- Work alongside genuine industry/domain experts
- Continuous development through our in-house L&D team
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.