Condé Nast publishes Vogue, Wired, Vanity Fair, GQ, Ars Technica, Glamour and many other leading brands. We're in China, Japan, Taiwan, India, Russia, Italy, France, Spain, Germany, the UK and Mexico. We reach more than 200 million unique browsers.
Our goal is to create a unified user experience for each of our brands and products which exemplify ux best-practices and put the user at the heart of the experience. We are building a multi-disciplined product design team to evolve these products. You will be part of that effort working within our B2C product space, specifically with Vogue, to sculpt memorable experiences that improve the engagement and loyalty of our users.
This role fits a highly collaborative, hands-on UX Researcher with B2C and B2B product experience. You will have a passion for user centred design and data with an intense attention to detail. You must be an expert at using and analysing data together with your traditional ux-research skills to inform the iterative design process. You will be part of a small, but growing product design team and you’ll be involved at an exciting time of change and rapid iteration. This is a real opportunity to influence the look, feel and functionality of Vogue.com and the Runway iOS app and how it works for the user across multiple platforms.
You will have the chance to help define what we ship and how we ship it, ensuring design and the user have a voice at all points in the process. You'll get a rare look at digital publishing around the world. You'll be working with experienced people in product, editorial, engineering, data and design who’ve all succeeded in similar challenges. We have leadership buy-in, a clear strategy to execute, and the freedom to get on with it.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- You are a researcher with multiple years of experience in qualitative and quantitative research. You will be responsible for conducting relevant research necessary for the different stages of product development, and you are always willing to try out new approaches to share and apply the findings of your research.
- Responsible for championing user research to brief the product teams on how our users are interacting with our products. Proactively seeking opportunities to share your experiences and approaches within the team but also in the wider company. You have the ability to communicate user problems and needs effectively, regardless of the audience, and in a way that easily translates your insights into actionable solutions.
- You will conduct exploratory and strategic research, but you have experience in doing research in all the different stages of product development. Due to the nature of our products it would be advantageous to have experience working with an international customer base.
- You will work with product teams at each level of the product development cycle from the more strategic to the more tactical. You are willing to shape the strategy of the product team by planning and conducting exploratory research when the users' problems to solve aren’t defined yet. When those problems are known, you are able to help the teams to define the hypothesis in order to identify which issues to tackle first and align them to team objectives. Sometimes you’ll need to be taking care of the more tactical research to validate and test solutions that other members of the teams you support have designed.
- You will be embedded in our cross-functional teams and work with them, supporting and leading the objective level research activities. You will proactively promote a data informed product research approach within the teams, whilst continually advocating for the user.
- You will work with others to develop an improved understanding and impact of the role of design research in our processes. You will support the Research Lead and to shape a culture of sharing actionable and prioritised findings to make ux research accessible and relevant for all.
- Provide deep, extensive analysis and insight using quantitative and qualitative analysis tools to analyse and understand visitor traffic sources, user behaviour, flow and conversion drivers as well as inform teams on how to improve the multichannel experience through heatmaps, session recordings and voice of customer.
- Standardise methodologies to bring efficiency, uniformity and timeliness to required insights.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- The ability to independently plan, lead, and execute large research projects with minimal assistance. Manage and deliver on multiple competing deadlines, with multiple projects; you know when and how to push back appropriately on stakeholder requests and deadlines.
- Good stakeholder management skills, setting expectations for stakeholder involvement and communication during projects including format and frequency. You know how to effectively collaborate, influence and contribute by finding common ground and building rapport.
- Highly organised with strong planning skills to ensure delivery of timely and accurate analysis supporting the development of our websites.
- Highly developed analytical skills to distill findings and present in a way that is meaningful. Skilled at creating well crafted, clear, compelling deliverables. Adept at selecting a format for conveying findings and insights that is appropriate to the project, audience and desired level of detail. The ability to craft lean formats when required.
- Experience with a variety of research methods, such as: interviews, usability testing, workshops, surveys, site visits and observations, diary studies and generative research and confidence to know when to use them.
- Numerical and analytical skills, capable of using multiple data sources to analyse complex problems, identify cause and effect.
- Systematic and strategic thinking. You can join up research with our data and with trends and data outside Vogue.
- Good command of user testing/data tools like GA, HotJar and Usertesting. You believe in the democratisation of data.
- Agile environment experience, working collaboratively within a team as well as being self-led.
- Strong understanding of web usability, accessibility and digital trends.