Location: UK based Remote or Hybrid – ability to commute to London if required for client sessions/team building
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per year depending on experience
Additional Monetary Benefits:
- £,1480 annual gym membership/well-being budget
- £800 annual training & development budget
- £840 annual utility bill support
- £420 annual well-being gift budget
We are looking for a mid-weight UX Researcher to work closely with other members of the delivery team (researchers and services designers), to support human-centred design and strategy across a range of industries.
This is an exciting opportunity for an outgoing dynamic individual, with experience working in Research across the design process; from initial research, through to strategy, design workshops, and design deliverables, with the confidence to report back to stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
This is a varied role within a small team and will suit an enthusiastic, hardworking person with keen attention to detail.
You’ll play a key role in designing and delivering projects for our clients, who are based in the UK and internationally.
- Applying your practitioner skills on exciting challenges across industries, including financial services, telecoms, gaming, retail and media.
- Working in multidisciplinary teams to plan and execute research across all stages of the design process.
- Working directly with stakeholders, involving them openly in your processes, helping them distill project goals and objectives into project requirements and championing the needs of customers throughout the project.
- Producing high-quality deliverables that translate research findings into compelling and actionable insights.
- Contributing to internal projects, writing articles and blog posts on hot topics or areas of interest, relevant to the design of products and services.
- Inspiring co-workers and collaborating with them to produce inventive, thoughtful and relevant work.
- Developing and maintaining a professional approach to file keeping and sharing with clients.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Product Design, or related fields, or relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrable experience working in a variety of sectors with a digital focus. Experience working within an agency environment would be beneficial.
- Writing recruitment screeners, creating discussion guides and other research assets.
- Familiarity and experience in a wide range of qual and quant approaches, with an understanding of how best to utilise these (individually, as well as in tandem) to address the client’s objectives.
- Experience preparing usability testing equipment and breaking down research labs.
- Experience editing videos from user research sessions to support findings.
- High standard of written communication and report writing, making it easier for clients to connect the dots with clear communication and actionable recommendations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills and the ability to deliver according to budget and deadlines.
As well as providing a supportive, close-knit working environment, and the opportunity to grow and develop, we offer a fantastic array of benefits alongside your salary:
- Hybrid/Remote Working - we have team members all across the UK, and support hybrid or fully remote working - as long as you can travel comfortably to London to collaborate on projects when required. We also provide you with the tech you need to do your job remotely!
- Company Pension Scheme - we offer a pension scheme with options for investing in Sustainable and Ethical (including Shariah) funds.
- Utility Bill Support - We provide monthly support towards the cost of utilities.
- Private Medical Insurance - our team’s health is important to us! Employees can benefit from Private Medical Insurance via Aviva.
- Gym Membership - benefit from a gym membership with Virgin Active Gyms with 95 locations across the UK - or an equivalent benefit for employees with no local VA gym.
- WellBeing Budget - each month our Culture Club decides on a wellbeing theme, and employees are given a budget to treat themselves!
- Employee Assistance Programme - All employees receive access to a confidential EAP service, 24/7 365 days per year.
- Training, Development & Books - focusing on your professional development is key at Spotless, so we offer a generous annual budget to spend on training courses, conferences, events and books.
- Monthly Team Socials - we value getting together as a team and having fun. So each month, we meet up for fun activities, food and drink.
- Annual Leave - full-time employees benefit from 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays - and part-time employees get a pro rata equivalent!
- Cycle to Work & Tech Schemes - saving you money on purchasing the things you need.
- Referral Bonus - our employees are the experts on team fit, so we offer a generous referral scheme bonus when you recommend your friends and family to our vacancies.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and portfolio to email@example.com - we look forward to hearing from you!
You must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom. We are unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
At Spotless we are committed to ethical practices and promoting equality and diversity across our organisation and at every step of the hiring process. We do not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and ensure that all employees, freelancers, candidates, clients and third parties are treated with dignity and respect.
No agencies please. We do not accept speculative CVs for our positions.