For 22 years, Aspen Dental Management, Inc (ADMI) has been innovating and iterating on the dental support organization model. We are an entrepreneurial-minded group that relentlessly pursues new ways to break down barriers in support of the dentists and 10,000 team members who care for the 1.8 million patients that come through the doors of Aspen Dental practices every year. We believe the culture and partnership cultivated amongst the practice owners, practice teams and ADMI support team powers our success and makes it virtually impossible to imitate what we do. Our continued growth has created an opportunity to join our Marketing team as a Principal UX Researcher.
As a reflection of our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Marketing organization as a Principal UX Researcher. This is a critical role in the organization providing to drive new product development across all Aspen Dental’s customer experiences, current and future, including practice locations, contact center and digital properties. The Principal UX Researcher will craft and implement user research programs that drive user-centric design solutions across the ADMI product portfolio.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide direction for evolving the role of UX research across ADMI, finding opportunities to increase efficiency and impact
- Build practical research capabilities that appropriately pairs the right approaches and methods with project size to achieve high-quality outcomes at a reasonable cost
- Plan and lead research initiatives from beginning to end through internal product team support and external agency partnerships
- Build trust with business and technical partners by synthesizing and communicating output of research findings into actionable insights
- Oversee A/B and multivariate testing on product usability changes/enhancements
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research focused on digital customer behavior
- Summarize and document key insights related to user and customer needs and behaviors, product definition
- Be well versed and comfortable in agile product management frameworks and exercise top notch product management skills.
- Ability to partner and manage relationship with third party research vendors
Minimum Education And Experience
- Degree in Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors (or similar), or bachelor's degree and equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience leading the end-to-end research process for both exploratory and evaluative studies
- 4+ years of experience leading user research teams & prioritizing work activities
- Proficient at facilitating working/research sessions with teams to align on project intent, objectives, desired outcomes, and project approach
- Proficient at planning for, recruiting, designing, and moderating research activities
- Demonstrated ability to empathize with end-users and understand how their needs impact key decisions
- Outstanding communicator - both verbally and in writing
- Proven success influencing product and design decisions with research insights
- Experience conducting research throughout an agile development process
- Clear passion about Aspen Dental’s mission and ability to identify possibilities in our industry
- Ability to be self-directed to solve business issues in defined product area
- Ability to make decisions about and prioritize own work
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience at a startup or highly dynamic environment
- Passionate advocate for our customers and the user experience
- Drive to become the subject matter expert in your product area and be the “go to” person and subject matter expert.
ADMI - Chicago, Illinois 60607 United States