Oracle's Global Business Units (GBUs) provide powerful solutions to help solve the most complex business problems across a variety of industries including communications, construction and engineering, food and beverage, financial services and insurance, healthcare, hospitality, public sector, retail, and public safety. Whether powering clinical development for pharmaceutical companies, helping construction companies deliver critical infrastructure, or enabling retail stores to anticipate demand and drive engagement, we’re working hard to provide solutions that help industry leaders grow, adapt, and innovate.
We need thoughtful, multi-faceted researchers who will apply their experience and skills to deliver durable and inspiring insights at the intersection of emerging technologies and the industries that shape our world.
The Oracle GBU UX Research team are currently seeking a Principle UX Researcher to join our growing team and lead ux research for Oracle's Healthcare Global Business Unit. This role offers a unique and exciting opportunity to make a real difference at a global scale, working alongside healthcare professionals and their patients, gathering data and developing insight into their unmet needs.
Here’s the kind of person we’re looking for:
- You have experience delivering ux research for healthcare products and believe that a better healthcare user experience can save lives.
- You are insatiably curious. You love asking meaningful questions about human behaviors, motivations and challenges.
- You have deep empathy and a passion for understanding people’s behaviors, the patterns and the motivations underlying those behaviors and you thrive on evangelizing what you learn.
- You are organized and detail oriented. You have experience using your mixed-methods toolkit to do high quality research, applying the right methods to the right questions, and practice these in real business context.
- You are a compelling storyteller. You know that a well-crafted story will inspire and influence. You understand the importance of clearly and concisely communicating your findings visually, verbally and in writing.
- You are driven by outcomes. You don’t stop until the insights from research are applied to the benefit of our customers and business.
- You love to learn from others, new contexts and new challenges, and understand that, in order to grow, sometimes we need to unlearn as much as we need to learn.
- You thrive on working well with others. You make the people around you better. You love to collaborate with designers, user researchers, engineers, product managers, executives, and inspire them to do their best.
- And finally, you want to be part of an amazing transformation at a company that is committed to outstanding user experiences.
What will you do as a UX Researcher for Oracle’s Global Business Units?
- Independantly plan and manage research projects across multiple product areas; triage multiple requests, and prioritize research projects.
- Proactively build consensus among key stakeholders and partners on project objectives, research questions to investigate, desired outcomes, and the most appropriate research approach.
- Proposes clearly measurable success criteria that align with organizational goals and desired customer outcomes.
- Set up and manage panels of research participants, ensuring that both the target population of end-users and subject matter expertise are well represented.
- Apply a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods to gather data and develop insight into problem-spaces, unarticulated needs, and opportunities to innovate.
- Execute research with rigor, synthesize data, apply/create frameworks to discover and explain your findings.
- Communicate results in creative and compelling ways that establish empathy with customers and end-users, and conveys the stories of real people, their goals, and the challenges they face.
NOTE: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship will be considered.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.