Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to receive products immediately and pay for their purchases over four installments, always interest-free. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt!
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. In the U.S. more than 5 million customers use Afterpay and is offered by more than 15,000 of the top fashion and beauty retailers across the country - including Anthropologie, Forever 21, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay. Our U.S. headquarters are located at the heart of the retail and business district in San Francisco, California.
Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is looking for a quantitative UX researcher to help develop our understanding of what our customers want. As part of a research team, you will be helping to inform and set the product strategy roadmap of a fast-growing business. The ideal candidate has an innate curiosity about human behavior and strives to understand why people behave the way they do.
• Work with cross-functional partners in product management, analytics, design and data science to identify and prioritize knowledge gaps in our understanding of the Afterpay experience
• Design research studies that drive tactical and strategic product decisions
• Interpret analysis through the lens of user needs, business impact and engineering feasibility
• Communicate results and recommendations in compelling and creative ways
• Lead and deliver research share-outs to build empathy with users
• Knowledge in quantitative research methodologies (for example: survey sampling and design, significance testing, regression modeling, experimental design, behavioral data analysis)
• Experience in survey design
• Experience in data manipulation and analysis using statistical tools (R, SQL and or Python)
• Experience in asking, as well as answering questions in a business context
• Experience in communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience conducting research in a business or consulting environment, including working with stakeholders to understand their research needs
• Experience with Conjoint and MaxDiff survey analysis
• Experience applying multivariate statistical methods such as GLM, regression, matching, ANOVA, hierarchical linear (random effects) modeling to user research problems
• Experience with unmoderated research methods
• Bachelor, Masters or PhD degree in a social science (e.g. Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Economics), or in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Data Science)
• Competitive compensation packages
• Medical, Dental, Vision insurance (100% covered!)
• Fun virtual company events & collaborative team
• Supportive, laid-back environment
• Award winning culture
How to Apply
If you are brave, if you are committed to doing the right thing, if you always keep it real, and your background matches the description above then please apply today! Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.