At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
As metropolitan cities grow, Lyft aims to transform the way people move through these cities. Essential to this goal is creating an understanding of people and their transportation needs. Understanding people means exploring their attitudes, behaviors, and the relations between them.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Quantitative UX Researcher to join our Design+ team and help to further build out what the Quantitative UX Research discipline is at Lyft. In this role you’ll partner with Researchers, Designers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineers to identify deep insights and communicate across the company. You’ll conduct quantitative research (surveys, data analysis) to inform Lyft’s understanding of riders and drivers. Your work will inspire and enhance the user experience across 300+ cities nationwide and in Canada.
You are a flexible team player that excels in an energetic work environment. You’re able to lead research projects autonomously and bring clarity to the unknown. You have a proven track record of establishing Quantitative UX Research methods at previous companies and care deeply about creating experiences that increase understanding of what this role can do to improve user experience.
- Lead the strategic growth of this discipline on the UX research team, building strong relationships with the Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Design teams
- Act as a thought leader in domain of quantitative research, while advocating for people who use our products
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology and the right questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long term product strategy
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work
- 5+ years experience conducting quantitative research in applied research settings, ideally within a consumer product organization or agency
- MA/MS/PhD, human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, etc.)
- Expertise in survey design: should be an expert in survey design and know how to avoid pitfalls that lead to biased and unscientific surveys
- Expertise in sampling, should be able to come up with sampling strategies that ensure that data collected is representative of the population
- Expert in statistical methods, should have hands on experience with statistical techniques like regression analysis, ANOVA, factor analysis etc. in academic or industry setting
- Expert in data visualization and knows how to create a compelling story based on numbers
- Expertise in data analysis using tools such as R, SPSS etc.
- Should have experience in survey tools like Qualtrics or Survey Monkey
- Should have some experience with SQL
- Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies
- Knowledge of qualitative, design, and market research methods and approaches
- Proven leader who excels at establishing and growing research disciplines
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.