What is the opportunity?
The Wealth Management Design team creates innovative products and services to improve employee and client experiences.
We are problem solvers and design thinkers, helping our partners create a vision to transform experiences. We approach problems with curiosity and empathy. We are qualitative research experts, communicating key insights that drive innovation.
We are seeking a Senior Design Strategist with deep qualitative research expertise that can harness their relationship management and communication skills to lead cross-functional teams in solving complex business problems.
What will you do?
Define project strategy and lead cross-functional teams through the design thinking process as part of a diverse group including business, operations, technology, design and development.
- Frame problem spaces by considering multiple perspectives driving alignment amongst cross-functional teams.
- Design and conduct primary research (ex: in-depth interviews, contextual inquiry, diary studies) and secondary research (ex: competitive analysis, strategic foresight) focused on building empathy for users.
- Synthesize multiple data sources and research insights into artifacts (ex: journey maps, personas, ecosystem maps).
- Design and facilitate co-creation workshops and ideation sessions to understand the current state and ideate on the potential future state.
- Present research insights that are actionable, compelling, and connected to business strategy to a range of audiences, including executives.
- Work in a fast-paced setting where problem spaces are broad and often ambiguous.
What do you need to succeed?
- Graduate degree preferred (Masters and/or PhD) in Sociology, Anthropology, History, Psychology, Strategic Foresight or other research-oriented discipline of Humanities, Cultural studies, Political Science, or Business or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of qualitative research experience including selecting research methodologies, user recruitment, leading research projects and presenting insights to stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of design thinking methodologies, tools and research methods
- Experience leading design strategy and aligning cross-functional teams through projects with effective project management skills.
- Proven relationship management skills and the ability to maintain successful partnerships.
- Excellent facilitator, comfortable planning and leading collaborative virtual and in-person workshops.
- The ability to take complex information and present insights in a simplified, easy to understand, visually appealing way to stakeholders.
- Collaborative team player.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, requiring little oversight.
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior team members.
- Experience in the financial services sector/corporate setting
- Acumen in analytics and quantitative research
- Background in Strategic Foresight
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.