At Huge, the voice of the user is baked into our DNA. Research is an essential part of every project we do, and is instrumental in generating insights, gathering data, and propelling thinking about how clients interact with users. We are looking for a full-time Senior Researcher who is passionate about understanding users and uncovering their deepest needs, and is always curious about the user and how the market evolves in response to new technologies and designs.
Our researchers work across multiple projects and offices, collaborating with designers and strategists to develop test plans, conduct research, synthesize findings, and present actionable recommendations for both clients and internal teams. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with highly collaborative work processes, and will bring innovative methods and thinking to the team.
- Conduct, moderate, and manage research projects from end to end, including usability testing, contextual inquiry and design research.
- Collaborate with designers and strategists to set research goals and ensure quality research outputs and best-in-class designs.
- Analyze research data and synthesize into compelling narratives, workshops and presentations.
- Present research findings to the internal team and/or clients.
- Elevate the toolkit of innovative design research methods to the larger organization, and communicate the value of such methods to designers and strategists.
- Evangelize the value of high-quality research internally and to potential clients.
- Develop and share research methodologies and cross-project learning.
- Facilitate a variety of workshops with clients and users – participatory design, user journey maps, business capabilities, user insight.
- 5+ years hands-on user research experience, working with both creative and strategy. Ideally in an agency environment or internal brand-side research team working on the design and development of digital products and experiences.
- Ability to negotiate complex sets of team objectives to pinpoint research questions and draft research plans accordingly.
- Ability to run and manage research projects from "soup to nuts"; from drafting a research plan and deciding the appropriate methodology to creating the recruitment screener and discussion guide, moderation and development of a findings memo, deck and/or presentation.
- Passion for research and an entrepreneurial spirit, desire to grow and shape the research department at Huge.
- Experience with various research methodologies and tools and a keen understanding of when to use which.
- Familiarity with usability testing software and fluency with usability heuristics.
- Ability to adjust research plan and methodology based on unique needs of different projects.
- Extremely collaborative and partners easily across internal teams.
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Expert moderation skills.
- Proven ability to multitask.
- Proactive, hands-on person who loves a challenge.
Huge is a global experience agency made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We help companies elevate the human experience by creating unified brand experiences that people love. We work with clients such as Google, McDonald’s, FCA, Brooks Running, P&G, and others, who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. Headquartered in Brooklyn, we currently have more than 1,200 employees working across 13 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
Note: Huge employees are currently working remote due to COVID-19. Ideally this candidate is in proximity to a Huge US-based office (Brooklyn, D.C., Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Oakland; for when we eventually return to an office environment) but we are open to candidates across the US who can work remote long term.