“I don’t mind when the internet goes down, I don’t really need it...” said no one, ever. Our users are superheroes, providing IT services to small businesses everywhere. As a UX Researcher at SolarWinds MSP, your job is to enable those superheroes to do their job, and honestly, that’s an awesome feeling.
SolarWinds MSP is seeking a creative, data centric and highly motivated UX Researcher to become a valued member of our product team and to bring simplicity and delight to superheroes <ahem> users. As part of an experienced UX team of Designers and Researchers, you’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including product managers, development, product marketing, executives, architecture and other company stakeholders.
You bring a strong customer focus, with a data-driven approach. You work well with minimal direction but you’re big on collaboration; you stand up for the users' needs, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. Your team members are global, so you rely as heavily on our virtual tools as you do on in-office teamwork.
Some of the ways that you will provide value:
• Advocate the voice of the customer and be a bridge between the end users and the R&D teams
• Document and communicate research findings to product team members
• Participate in business and UI reviews with multi-disciplinary product teams
• Conduct online surveys and card sorts using tools like SurveyGizmo and OptimalSort
• Coordinating and conducting research sessions, including recruitment (sourcing and acquiring users for testing) and session scheduling
• Facilitate user feature walkthroughs, usability sessions and “Show me how you use it” open-ended interviews in order to inform new feature and product design and development
And if that isn't enough you get to do all these cool things too:
• Planning, developing and implementing research processes and strategies within an agile development cycle
• Promoting UX practice within Solarwinds MSP and ensuring that development is user driven
• Share research knowledge & mentor junior researchers
• Help to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Evolve research into actionable insights, concepts and solutions.
• Be proactive and take the initiative to ensure necessary research is conducted and followed through on.
• Work with other UX researchers in developing & maintaining customer relationships as well as setting a common standard for how user research is conducted in Solarwinds MSP
• A BA/BS or MS degree in Cognitive Psychology, HCI/d, Human Centered Computer, Information Science, or related field
• Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
• Relevant experience conducting user research for software products, web applications and/or complex websites
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (we'll ask for samples of how you present and share findings)
• Strategic thinking around user needs and how they impact the business.
• Ability to quickly document and share usability issues with teams. We need results in hours, not days or weeks
• Ability to recommend user interface changes to fix usability issues
• Collaborative team player with the ability to work with remote teams, across different time zones.
• Familiarity with quantitative research and statistics
• Background working with IT management software and its users
• Wireframing and prototyping experience
• Digital design skills