About the job
Responsibility SummaryLeads strategic design and execution of user-centered research and usability studies that provide actionable insights which influence design and development of associate, branch team and client systems, tools, applications and processes.Leads support and evolution of centralized User Experience Research functional capabilities including research tools, procedures and documentation, recruiting, data management, and onboarding.Leads planning and execution of strategic efforts and innovations to support and advance centralized User Experience Research team capabilities.Collaborates and supports business areas and objectives that align to firm, division and department priorities and focus on client and user centricity.Designs and executes user research using qualitative and quantitative methods.Determines and recommends the most efficient and effective research approaches to solve for business needs and meet agreed-upon objectives, then guides business areas through the appropriate User Experience process.Identifies and applies appropriate change management best practices and approach to build rapport, understand user needs, address resistance and reinforce key learnings or results.Monitors User Experience project execution, including establishing and tracking User Experience project metrics and conducting evaluations.Identifies, influences, supports and partners with multi-disciplinary teams, including other business areas, to execute User Experience projects.Takes ownership for self-development, stays current with research techniques and tools in the field of User Experience.Works with and provides supporting documentation to others that influences product, system or application development and implementation to ensure creation of efficient, sustainable and successful results.Mentors and assists the User Experience Researchers as it relates to similar User Experience project needs.Assists leadership with strategic planning, resource allocation and guidance to User Experience associates.
Qualifications Required In The JobBachelor’s degree in Usability, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology or relevant field.5+ years of User Experience research experience.Expert in both qualitative and quantitative user experience research methodologies.Proactively develops self in the field of current and emerging research and technology.Expert in critical thinking, strategic thinking, process improvement, relationship-building and problem-solving abilities.Expert in written and verbal communication.Able to expertly research, analyze and consolidate data into trends and share with teams.Expert in project management and organizational skills.Able to expertly establish and maintain effective relationships across departments, business areas, and vendors.Responds well to direction, embraces feedback and change.Presents ideas, thoughts, arguments, and information persuasively. Seen as credible and trustworthy.
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Awards and Accolades
- FORTUNE 2020 – Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index – Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list – the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm’s 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Missouri, St. Louis
Home based Associate?
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Req ID: 52370BR