Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 65 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the job
JOYN is seeking a Senior User Research Specialist to join the Joyn UX UR Team and to become an active part in building the next generation of our video streaming entertainment service.
- Lead larger research projects to support product discovery & identify key moments in joyns customer journeys.
- Generate impactful and strategic insights via qualitative and quantitative research
- Test prototypes, validate concepts and solutions
- Support & help manage joyns user research roadmap
- Work in end-to-end cross-functional teams with product, ux, engineering and others
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports, presentations, sketches and other novel approaches
- Be the users’ advocate and ensure their needs are central to the product direction
- Drive own research in order to influence the product roadmap
- Help to manage research activities with external research agencies
- Inspire your fellow team mates with your expertise & help to grow the user research team
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for customers, insights and product thinking
- You feel comfortable with agile working routines in dynamic environments
- You have a strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different user research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- You are curious and have a proactive attitude
- You communicate effectively and highly value teamwork/culture
- Dedication and love for what you do
WHAT WE ARE ASKING FOR
- 5+ years experience as a user research specialist (in the field of entertainment services a nice to have)
- A bachelor or master degree in psychology, cognitive sciences, ergonomics, human factors or similar.
- A strong research portfolio showcasing your research process & methodology
- Background in helping to support customer journey mapping and service blue printing
- Expert in interviewing techniques & establishing new research formats
- Experience in supporting product manager & ux designer with user research in early phases of product definition
- Strong understanding of lean product discovery and delivery processes
- Good organisation & time management skills
- Experience with design thinking methodology a nice to have
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in german speaking and good writing skills (B2 - C1)
Why you`ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package
• Flexible working times and home office
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.