At RVU, we have the best of both worlds; the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching, helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
Design at RVU
Our mission is to be inclusive; to drive the development of ourselves and those around us; to be empowered to try bold things (and sometimes fail!); and, above all else, to be user-centric in everything that we do.
We are one team with one dream: to be the home of amazing experiences that solve the problems of tomorrow, inspiring everyone around us to create better products.
What's the opportunity?
As a User Researcher you will provide insights into making sure that we understand our users and their needs. You will sit in a central position within the Product Design Team, working on multiple brands, (uSwitch, Money and Bankrate), across our multidisciplinary product teams, to understand and support their research needs. With a clear focus on 1 brand. You will deliver timely and actionable insight and recommendations that will inform designs from concept through to implementation, for a variety of projects and ongoing incremental tests and improvements.
What will I be doing?
- Delivering actionable findings that are integrated into decision making at a product level.
- Implementing formative & evaluative user research via quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Helping the business really understand the needs of our users across our ecosystem
- Owning the project from end-to-end: collating research questions, conducting research in the lab (or elsewhere!), and presenting findings back to the product teams.
- Support the Product/UX designers, guiding them on methodologies where needed
- Mentor/manage more junior researchers in the team
- Measuring and evaluating the success (or failure!) of User Research
What skills do I need?
- A degree in Human Computer Interaction or a related field
- Strong experience as a UX researcher
- Solid understanding of the UX processes
- Broad experience of quant & qualitative research methods, formative usability testing and ad-hoc methods
- Ability to define key metrics and evaluate project success
- Experience with metrics and A/B tests
- Experience with working in lean product teams
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organisational skills with an attention to detail
- A collaborative working style, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well in small group settings as well as independently
- You can work effectively and react quickly to change
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding