Bungie is seeking a Senior User Researcher to join our team. In this role, you will positively impact Bungie's development of outstanding entertainment experiences by providing actionable insights based on representative consumer feedback.
You will work closely with development teams to create and execute comprehensive research plans for Bungie products. To address Bungie’s burning questions about player interactions and motivations, you’ll design, conduct research and transform data into meaningful insights about player behaviors. You'll create persuasive reports and visualizations to make your case for changes that will improve the player experience with Bungie games.
This position will require strong quantitative and data visualization skills, in addition to qualitative skills. The User Research role will partner with teams across Bungie to tackle a wide range of research objectives. Be prepared to collaborate with game and UX designers, producers, marketers, and data scientists. If you are a passionate advocate for excellent player experiences, an avid gamer, and you love data, you may be the ideal candidate to join Bungie's User Research team!
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely.
- Collaborate with our development teams to identify research opportunities and arrange the collection of feedback to inform our design decisions
- Design and conduct research studies using a variety of research methods – including but not limited to surveys, focus groups, usability testing, and interviews
- Analyze data to provide meaningful, impactful insights about players
- Present your analysis and recommendations through powerful visualizations and concise reports
- Own and manage part of the UR team's infrastructure (such as the moderator team or the UR lab)
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications, survey research, or a related communication or marketing field
- Demonstrated user research experience in an applied or industry setting
- Ability to develop open-ended, ambiguous questions into hypotheses for investigation
- Strong research and experimental design background
- Experience with a variety of user research techniques, along with the ability to create new ones as appropriate
- Strong data analysis skills (both quantitative and qualitative) and understanding of statistics
- Experience with data visualization
- Demonstrated ability to persuade stakeholders and positively impact user experiences using data
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Passion for making great player experiences
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Advanced degree in psychology, UCD, HCI, or related field
- Avid gamer