We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
We’re looking for an experienced Senior User Researcher to focus on developing innovative solutions for our automated support and live chat experience between our members (patients) and our support agents. This product is central to making our clinical operations more efficient, and requires a user researcher to work across the end-to-end experience.
The foundations for this are already in place, so this user researcher would initially focus on learning from the MVP and identifying opportunities for improvements on the member and agent experiences whilst also helping to shape the vision and strategy for this global service.
- You will run your own user research embedded in a cross-functional team, but also have the skills and passion to proactively support other team members to do research as and when needed.
- Contributing towards a toolkit for strategic and tactical research for product development.
- Flexibly and accurately deploying a number of research methods to understand different user groups.
- Executing a collaborative research process end-to-end including participant recruitment, creating prototypes and stimuli, and turning insights into actions for product development.
- Creating compelling and actionable research deliverables and insights which inspire empathy and drive both pragmatic and innovative solutions.
- Understanding and taking into account technical and business requirements when running research, including helping articulate how research is prioritised by the team.
- Analysing and integrating app analytics, surveys, market research and other quantitative research data as relevant.
- Actively shaping how we work together and build products.
- Facilitating brainstorming and working sessions with cross-disciplinary teams.
Key Skills Required:
- You’re a detail-oriented and effective practitioner that consistently delivers high quality outputs and engaging insights.
- Able to communicate research effectively, regardless of audience.
- Passionate about bringing the lens of data and research to the product development process.
Research Skills Needed:
- You are experienced in the execution of multiple mixed-method research approaches. On top of your strong general toolkit, you also have deep specialisation in a few key methods or areas which make you a go-to person in the team:
- You have demonstrable experience of a wide range of evaluative research methods and techniques.
- You have led generative or discovery projects for a product or an entire service.
- You have a wide-reaching understanding of frameworks and psychological principles that you are confident in applying.
- Familiarity with quantitative research methods, an understanding of metrics and A/B testing, and willingness to integrate quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- You are able to communicate research effectively, regardless of audience.
- You proactively and confidently take the lead in syncing up insights across a product area, participating in processes and rituals that help break down silos and socialise cross-functional insights.
- You take responsibility for sharing insights and creating a strong narrative that ensures people understand what they are building, why, and what impact it will have.
Research Leadership Skills
- As well as your craft skills, you are beginning to hone your leadership skills and scale your impact through advising, guiding and reviewing the work of others:
- You are able to establish rapport with a wide variety of colleagues and are an eager advocate of User Research.
- You love giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback.
- You support our team culture of openness and transparency where people feel safe and able to do their best work.
- You connect your team’s efforts with a deep understanding of the wider ecosystem around you, working closely with the other researchers in your tribe and cross-functional teams to inform a seamless and human-centred experience.
- You have the confidence to say no to work that you feel compromises ethics or quality, escalating concerns on behalf of yourself and your team where appropriate.
- You support tribe leadership in shaping the future of the product by taking research and turning it into valuable insights that power their decision making.
Qualifications & Experience - Essential
- You have at least four years' experience leading User Research to aid product development in fast-paced agile cross-functional teams.
- You’ve been working in an in-house, agency or consultancy role, leading the delivery of end-to-end human-centred research that directly supports shipped products, capacity-building programmes or strategic initiatives.
- You will have a degree in a related field (for example Human/Computer Interaction, UX Research, Psychology, Social Science, Anthropology).
- Experience in healthcare research would be highly desirable.
- You have experience evangelising User Research within a growing organisation.