The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better.
We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Objective of the Role
Join us to take ownership for strategic user research projects and facilitate the exchange of learning and user insight across teams at ResearchGate. As a senior researcher at ResearchGate, you will work with product managers, designers, and product analysts to uncover, articulate, and act on user needs. You will use your knowledge of the research process to help streamline our processes and workflows for user research, and improve our use of methods and overall approach to research. Every step along the way, you will make an impact for 18+ million scientists around the world.
- Guide user research projects that help to define and re-shape our product strategy (e.g. user/customer personas & journeys, jobs to be done)
- Work together with product analytics, design, and product managers to support and fuel the product development process with generative & evaluative user research
- Coach and empower different participants in the user research process to improve methodology and execution in generative/qualitative user research
- Own the baseline research operations (processes and tools) that make qualitative user research scalable and available other cross-functional teams
- Strong product thinking and user-focused approach to the work
- 5+ years work experience in a qualitative user research role in a digital product context
- Extensive knowledge of different qualitative user research methods (e.g. user interviews, usability studies, surveys, field studies)
- Experience with basic research operations, or setting up processes to help other product teams do generative user research more effectively
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- You consider generative user research as a key constituent of data-informed decision making and enjoy contributing to an agile product discovery process
- You are outcome-oriented, comfortable working as a facilitator in a position with various stakeholders from different backgrounds (Analytics, Product Management, Design, Engineering) and are proficient in translating their requirements into actionable insights
- You are a strong team player and know that results come from great people working together around meaningful ideas
- You understand our mission and want to help achieve it—you want to help scientists work more efficiently and improve scientific collaboration
You'll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated: you'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.
We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation with Covid-19, with the protection of the health and safety of our people being our highest priority. All interviews will be conducted virtually (via phone or video).