Cvent’s User Research team is growing and needs an experienced User Researcher who will thrive in an energetic, agile environment.
What makes you the right fit?
- You have discovered talking to users about their product experiences and deciphering all those hours into meaningful insights is your passion
- You love to drive continuous improvement over time by tracking and measuring changes and constantly iterating
- You have a collaborative working style that connects people across disciplines and roles – such as product owners, designers, customer support, and developers
- You can be flexible – you are comfortable wearing a few hats as the User Research team expands its capabilities
- You can thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and are comfortable adapting research to changing conditions, requirements, and deadlines
- You are energized by teamwork, brainstorming sessions and presenting to clients
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to write and share your results in interesting ways
What type of work will you do?
- You will plan and conduct evaluative research (e.g., card sort, tree testing, usability, heuristics evaluations) and support generative research (techniques to help define problem space, such as contextual inquiry, ethnography, data mining) efforts for specified products or small program areas to build deep user understanding and empathy
- You will help teams cross-functionally by synthesizing and communicating the right information, defining and measuring success
- You will create testable hypotheses and use research findings to support, challenge, and innovate Cvent’s products
If this sounds like you – and you have amazing analytical skills with a strong sense of intellectual curiosity and the empathy to solve user’s needs by employing design thinking – apply today!
What you will do:
- Apply your expertise and knowledge of research methodologies, human factors, the user-centered design process, and statistics to product and service design in an iterative development environment
- Work with design, analytics, product management, customer support, marketing, and sales to formulate and address research questions
- Independently and collaboratively plan, execute, and analyze research across product or program areas
- Perform qualitative data analysis and support ongoing coding efforts
- Support survey design and execution as well as perform statistical analyses
- Undertake secondary research scans and comparative/competitive analysis
- Work within a small team to help evolve User Research practice
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in the study of user experience, design, research, business or related fields; for example, Information Design, Human Factors/HCI, Psychology, Cognitive Sciences OR alternative equivalent project/portfolio experience
- 3+ years’ conducting user research within a UX team for software/web-based products
- Experience in digital is required, with preference for external facing event, hospitality, retail or financial applications/services
- Demonstrated knowledge of user-centered design principles and practices
- Hands-on experience with qualitative research: 1:1, usability studies, FGs, Dyads
- Professional experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
- Quantitative survey programming and analysis
o UX Research for Meeting/Event Planners, Attendees software
o UX Research for Mobile app or web development
o Managing and recruiting a usability lab
o Developing and executing research in support of product globalization
o Establishing and/or managing product/software baseline measurement system
About UX @Cvent
UX @Cvent obsesses about creating the best experience for anyone who plans and attends meetings and events. We are the map makers, designers, builders, and champions for those who need to stay on top of a thousand details and deadlines. We aim to empower people to connect, learn, and foster community with products that are simple, seamless, powerful and does it all in one place.
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment.We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.