We are Mika - a VC-financed digital health company based in Berlin. Driven by the vision of improving the well-being and therapy results of cancer patients, we have developed a digital companion for cancer patients: the Mika app. As the market leader in the field of patient support and the first DiGA ("App on prescription") in oncology, we have a rapidly growing, international team and are constantly looking for new talent. We are therefore looking for a Senior User Researcher.
- Acts as a user advocate and human centred design research expert in the company
- Working closely with product owners, designers and developers to ensure development efforts are focused on delivering value to end users
- Uncover / provide behavioural insights that shape the product strategy and roadmap through interviews, surveys and validation of prototypes
- Create rough prototypes for user testing
- Design and execute research initiatives using the right methodology for the right questions
- Drive change by communicating findings to stakeholders in creative and compelling ways. Ensure research findings are convincing and actionable
- Conduct both generative and evaluative research throughout the product development process
- Work closely with medical institutions to conduct clinical studies and evaluate results
- Improve the usability engineering process to establish safety and usability of Mika Understand Mika’s intended use, use scenarios & contribute to usability evaluation of Mika
Background & Skills
- A bachelor or master’s degree in human behaviour related field (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Computer Science, etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in applied product research
- Excellent German and English speaking and writing ability
- Experience with survey design, statistical analysis, and translating data analytics to insights
- You know the ins and outs of different survey tools (e.g. LamaPoll)
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative design research methods
- You have directed survey projects at scale such as persona market segmentation studies, on going tracking surveys in products etc.
- Experience and strong interest in digital health solutions
- Beneficial if you have had touchpoints with cancer related topics in the past
- Beneficial if you have knowledge of usability evaluation of medical devices in accordance with industry standards
- You are entrepreneurial, curious and have a "hands-on mentality"
- Experience with Data analytics languages/platforms (e.g., SQL, R, Stata, Python).
- Responsibility in a dynamic, VC-financed digital health company, in which you can make a contribution to improving the situation of cancer patients
- The chance to develop the team behind the first DiGA in oncology
- Flat hierarchies, experienced team, attractive remuneration and transparent communication