Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the team
SecurityScorecard is seeking an experienced Senior User Researcher to examine, empathize, and drive conclusions about the customer journey. The user researcher’s responsibilities include working cross functionally to understand the company and its products as well as the needs of our customers. He/she will evaluate data extensively and inform conclusions based on a host of inputs. Our team is highly collaborative with high energy. We are motivated to create a product experience that customers love.
What you will do
- 7+ years of user research experience, preferably with some experience in a lead role or primary point of contact for a large product area with many stakeholders
- UX Researcher partners with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and other stakeholder across SecurityScorecard to improve user experience and drive product excellence
- Experience collaborating and partnering strategically with Design, Product, and other stakeholders to drive and influence product decisions
- Drive the research roadmap and process end-to-end from ideation to solution, (primarily using online tools) to understand user needs and emergent product opportunities
- Your competencies:
- User focus: you naturally think about problems from the user’s point of view, and you are motivated to improve products for users.
- Research design for ambiguous spaces: you have “insights” skills to turn business challenges into research opportunities.
- Analytical: you solve challenging problems and empower the team to move forward by developing metrics, measuring results, and integrating new methodologies into existing systems.
- Data-driven research: you have a set of success criteria to drive research projects from proposal through postmortem, assessing vague problems, and proposing high impact solutions.
- Actionable insights: you analyze research findings and deliver user insights that product stakeholders can act on throughout the organization.
- Mixed method research: you are expert in using various methods (qualitative and quantitative) to understand user behaviors and patterns.
- Agile: you balance methodological rigor with scrappiness and creativity
- Entrepreneurial spirit: as team moves fast, you unblock barriers in design and go-to-market
- BS in Cognitive Science, Social Science, HCI or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capability to apply research skills to new products and industries as well as to emerging markets
- A minimum of 7 years, working in a User Insight function as a decision-maker
- Strong organizational skills, you have an eye for detail and are not afraid to use it!
- Strong communication skills — you clearly articulate your recommendations and decisions, whether verbal or written
- A learner’s mindset, receiving feedback positively as an opportunity to grow
- Low ego, curious and open-minded
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.