We are looking for an experienced user researcher to join us in either our Edinburgh or London office to be part of our highly distributed global team. Our User Research team exists to help our colleagues across the business understand our users, in order to advise our product, marketing and service development.
- have experience working across disciplines to explore and define what we should be offering users
- love adding the why and the how to that what
- be highly proficient in research methods, able to work autonomously, and love engaging with real users to solve real challenges
This is a one year maternity cover and we’re looking for someone to join the team and make an immediate impact. You will work within a friendly, collaborative and challenging environment where you will have a chance to develop your skills on a variety of projects with the support and guidance of Brand Experience leadership. You will work alongside senior stakeholders in the business to scope and deliver robust strategic and tactical insight that informs and enables swift development of our product and brand messaging. It’s a fantastic time to join a growing and ambitious team and work in the travel sector as the world opens again.
What You Can Expect As a User Researcher
- A supportive, trusting and open working environment
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
- We deliver quickly, and we’re never afraid of trying new things. Sometimes it fails, but we have a culture of forgiveness and experimentation. That’s what makes us fearless in taking bigger bolder steps. We’re in this together
- An environment of continuous improvement where you optimise for impact and velocity
- A place where your research will be appreciated and utilised to help us mine collective brilliance and ultimately improve our user experience
- Working alongside experienced User Researchers you will have the opportunity to both learn from and influence Skyscanner’s rapidly growing user research operations
A Track Record Demonstrating
What we are looking for
- Working with a wide range of stakeholders/disciplines to determine and prioritise research requirements, including product, design and marketing
- Expertise in partnering closely with brand and marketing teams to develop high-quality insights that inform development of product positioning strategies as well as impactful brand campaigns that resonate with target users
- Planning and running user engagement research activities such as usability testing, sophisticated surveys, workshops and interviews
- Analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
- Delivery of actionable insight which is rooted in an evidence-based approach
- Solid presentation skills, and experience communicating user-centred research findings to a large number of stakeholders in a persuasive and engaging way
- Experience of working in an agile environment and developing digital products.