WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Senior User Researcher - Quantitative
WB Games is looking for a Senior User Researcher with an intense passion for gaming and quantitative analysis to work on games for all platforms including consoles, PC, and mobile. As a Senior User Researcher focused on quantitative measures, you will provide analysis and support across a wide variety of in-development and post-launch products. Your role will be critical in evaluating our products and providing deeper insights based on the combination of telemetry and survey findings using methods such as: visualizing research data, using inferential statistics to uncover deeper learnings, and being the connective tissue between User Research, Analytics, Development and Publishing teams.
- Craft and support quantitative analysis across the research team.
- Supplement findings from playtest reports with statistical analysis and telemetry-based findings, including supporting visual dashboards/graphs.
- Review and improve surveys and statistical models using current and historical research results.
- Work closely with the Analytics team to recommend and implement data hooks into in-development builds and post-launch products.
- Mentor and train fellow research staff on the methods and value of quantitative and telemetry-driven research.
- Prepare and execute research studies.
- Determine appropriate research methodologies and craft associated surveys as required, up to and including large scale beta surveys.
- Work with junior researchers to conduct research studies.
- Craft presentations and reports to ultimately debrief development teams and key publishing stakeholders.
- Translate business-focused research questions into actionable methodologies to validate key project principles for executive stakeholders.
- Provide findings-based recommendations as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required (branches of experimental psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, information technology, statistics, or related field).
- 6+ years of experience in a related role, ideally in games user research
- Knowledge of research design, quantitative, and qualitative methodologies.
- Special Knowledge or Skills that would be valuable:
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups with authority.
- Experience moderating large groups effectively without supervision
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Familiar with game design theory and the development process for video games.
- Genuinely enjoy gaming in all forms.
- Knowledge of analysis tools and scripting languages (e.g. R, SPSS, Python, etc.).
- High familiarity with data visualization tools such Looker or similar.
- Graduate degree is a plus but not required.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.