We are currently seeking an experienced Senior User Researcher to join our rapidly growing User Research team here at Skyscanner.
Our User Research team’s mission is to enable all teams at Skyscanner to better understand our users in order to shape products, marketing and services travellers love. You will work within a friendly, collaborative, and dynamic environment where you will have a chance to develop your skills on a variety of projects with the support and guidance of senior leadership. You will work alongside senior stakeholders in the business to scope and deliver robust strategic and tactical insight that informs meaningful improvement to our product and brand messaging. It’s a fantastic time to join a growing and ambitious team and help shape the future of travel as the world opens again!
As a senior member of the User Research team, you will report to the Senior Director of User Research and your mission will entail:
- Effectively scoping and prioritising ambiguous research questions across Product, Design and Marketing, including proposing new research to meet business goals
- Autonomously planning and running research projects end-to-end such as usability testing, interviews, surveys, and workshops with the appropriate level of fidelity
- Delivering compelling strategic narratives weaving together user, competitive and market insight that shape product, marketing, and business strategy decisions
- Collaborating across disciplines to define the problem space, implement the appropriate research solution, and construct a sound, relevant and compelling narrative that inspires action and delivers product / business impact
- Championing the voice of the user, obsessing over the relevant metrics, making hard trade-offs, removing blockers, scaling up successes and learning from failures
- Partnering with Data Science and Analytics to connect the dots in our user understanding
You are highly proficient in product research and able to execute a range of methods autonomously and even coach others
- You have extensive experience conducting product research in a business setting and able to execute a range of methods autonomously (such as usability testing, interviews, surveys, focus groups, diary studies.) and even coach others.
- You are highly proficient at translating findings to product implications and business opportunities with a track record of fuelling business growth with your insights
- You are a team player with solid presentation skills and ability to communicate findings to a large number of stakeholders in a persuasive and engaging way.
- You have a growth mindset, solution-orientation, and strong product sense.
- You relish agency and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You are data-driven and love connecting the what and the why to keep the user at the centre of our decisions.
- Experience in e-commerce / travel would be a plus
- Breadth of research method expertise, across both qualitative and quantitative would be advantageous but not essential