Transform is a Technology and Data consultancy that defines, designs, builds, and operates products and services for our customers.
We work with our clients to optimise, accelerate, and transform their digital, data and technology programmes, from augmenting teams to defining and delivering new services and operating models. We deliver outcomes not outputs, building capability in client organisations.
In the public sector, we wrote the DirectGov review for Martha Lane-Fox in 2011, a report that helped start the revolution towards User Centred and Agile methods for delivering services. Since then, we have designed and built over 50 public sector services, helping our clients pass over 90 Government Digital Service assessments.
In the private sector we operate in multiple sectors with a strong focus on retail, financial services and automotive. We help our clients define their digital and data strategies, and then design, build, and operate them in cost-effective and user-centric ways.
We are part of the Next 15 group, a multi-national organisation spanning over 25 brands. We combine the financial robustness and breadth of services of a large organisation, with the nimbleness and innovation of a smaller brand.
The Senior User Researcher will plan, design, and conduct research to support the design and development delivery team.
You will act as the voice of the user for the product team, representing user needs throughout all project phases and will lead behavioural in-context research events; analyse, synthesise, and organise research data into meaningful themes, categories, and visually compelling frameworks and behavioural models.
As the Senior User Researcher, you will lead usability testing from developing recruitment briefs and/or recruiting participants. You will also design and develop, script, and analyse ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative surveys. You will be expected to gather insight at the discovery stages of a product to help prove the concept and validate the proposition.
You will ensure research findings are relayed quickly to teams, so user needs are well understood - while communicating with teams in an engaging way to build empathy and drive action. Furthermore, you will be able to apply their knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process in an iterative development environment
- At least 5 years’ experience working in service design projects and leading multi-discipline teams to deliver projects
- Experienced in using a variety of user research methodologies including:
o “Guerrilla research”
o Focus groups
o 1-2-1 interviews
o Group/Lab facilitation
- Experience in recruitment of target users, sampling, drafting screeners
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including data and thematic analysis
- Ability to quickly develop recommendations based on evidence
- Confident in presenting explaining user needs to clients who may be unfamiliar with human-centred design
- Comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation
- Ability to quickly sketch out requirements
- Ability to step back and take a helicopter view of the requirements
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience, based on user research; organise opportunities into visually compelling matrices/maps
- Proven experience of working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers, and developers to create new digital products and services
- Experience of user segmentation and/or developing design personas/user profiles
- Experience of task and role mapping
- Experience across web content, tools, and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys.
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for web/application user-centred design practices
- Post-graduate degree or professional certification in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)/Usability/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research or related field
- Experience working with government and the public sector
- Experience or knowledge of the Government Digital Service and government design principles
- Experience managing/mentoring junior User Researchers
- Experience of the Government Digital Service design system
- Experience of delivering Discovery, Alpha, Beta, Live
- Retail, FS, government experience
- Experience in design sprints and rapid prototyping
We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
At Transform we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all, and we actively seek applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits and disabilities.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.