Transform is a Technology and Data consultancy that defines, designs, builds, and operates products and services for our customers.
We work with our clients to optimise, accelerate, and transform their digital, data and technology programmes, from augmenting teams to defining and delivering new services and operating models. We deliver outcomes not outputs, building capability in client organisations.
In the public sector, we wrote the DirectGov review for Martha Lane-Fox in 2011, a report that helped start the revolution towards User Centred and Agile methods for delivering services. Since then, we have designed and built over 50 public sector services, helping our clients pass over 90 Government Digital Service assessments.
In the private sector we operate in multiple sectors with a strong focus on retail, financial services and automotive. We help our clients define their digital and data strategies, and then design, build, and operate them in cost-effective and user-centric ways.
We are part of the Next 15 group, a multi-national organisation spanning over 25 brands. We combine the financial robustness and breadth of services of a large organisation, with the nimbleness and innovation of a smaller brand.
Find out more at: www.transformUK.com
The Senior User Researcher will plan, design, and conduct research to support our clients’ decision-making and underpin our Design, UX and development recommendations.
As a Senior Researcher you will be expected to act as the voice of end users and customers, helping to prove the concept and validate the proposition.
Furthermore, you will be able to apply your expertise and experience to design thinking practices, in an iterative, agile way.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Taking a lead role on projects, including project management and client engagement
- Running research programmes
- Supporting business development through proposal writing
- Managing, supporting and mentoring junior members of staff
The key skills we are looking for in our candidates include:
- Quantitative research, including the design and development of scripts for surveys
- Qualitative research, including interviews ethnography and group facilitation
- Lead analysis and, synthesis, organising research data into meaningful themes, categories and frameworks
- Usability testing, from developing recruitment briefs and/or recruiting participants
- Creating visual artefacts to communicate recommendations, including journey and service mapping, blueprints and persona development among other areas
You will be a strong communicator, able to present research analysis and recommendations to clients. You will also be able to build rapport with clients that ensure we are considered among their trusted advisors.
Candidates will be expected to have:
- Previous experience in either market research, user research or social research
- Demonstrable experience and expertise in quantitative and/or qualitative research techniques and analysis
- Experience in at least one of the following sectors: government, financial services, retail, automotive
- Ability to produce high-quality outputs for clients, e.g. customer journeys, personas, service blueprints, landscape maps, presentations or workshop materials etc.
- Experience working alongside client teams, including engagement with senior stakeholders
Desired experience of candidates includes:
- Knowledge and expertise in Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Agile methodology
- Behavioural design theories and techniques
- Proposition development, supported by research
- Experience working with technology and data teams
- Experience of working with the Government Digital Service
We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
At Transform we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all, and we actively seek applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits and disabilities.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.