About the job
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We’re looking for a Senior User Researcher to join our insight team. Our cross-functional team drives strategic decision-making for how we make Spotify accessible in the best way in the car and on wearable devices, such as smartwatches and headphones.
What You’ll Do
- Co-operate with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers who are passionate about user experience.
- Define, plan, conduct and analysis user research.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to stakeholders across Spotify.
- Be a key partner in our work to build out our product strategy so that we are relevant in the daily lives of our users.
- Deliver compelling and timely insights to the product and design teams.
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Take a holistic view of our understanding of our users and their behaviour, and proactively identify gaps and opportunities for new research.
- Establish and maintain a culture of rigour and data curiosity to drive tangible business impact.
Who You Are
- You have extensive experience in a research role at an agile consumer-focused company.
- You have a degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Science, or a related field.
- You have broad experience of qualitative research methods.
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research.
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other partners.
- You enjoy collaborative work in a data-driven, creative environment.
- You are a seasoned professional who can mentor others from a position of authority.
- You are a specialist in a wide range of methods, to a high standard of rigour.
- You are a highly motivated and flexible individual with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and drive projects to successful and timely delivery.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and are able to execute with autonomy.
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.