Remote US, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Sunnyvale, Atlanta, Boulder, Seattle
Twitter is seeking an experienced researcher to be part of our Health Team, with a specific focus on addressing Toxicity, Polarization, and Sensitive Topics. This position works closely with Health product, design, and engineering partners, in addition to our Policy, Trust & Safety teams. We are looking for someone who can contribute to our health strategy, build our internal expertise, and leverage external relationships with social scientists and academic experts.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Help stakeholders focus on the needs of Twitter users as they identify and confront toxic and sensitive content. In this role, you will perform foundational research— create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for your entire product team including designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Draw on research knowledge and insights to provide strategic guidance on Health planning and execution.
- Utilize a variety of social science research perspectives, including: conducting primary and secondary research and engaging external social science researchers and academic experts.
This job is available in the following locations: Remote US; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Sunnyvale, CA; Boulder, CO; Washington, D.C.; Atlanta, GA; Detroit, MI; New York, New York; Seattle, WA
Criteria for the Position:
- Cross-Functional Experience in Applied Research Settings:
- History of having a meaningful impact on product, policy, and/or company goals
- Experience working effectively with Design, Data Science, Engineering, and Product Managers to realize common goals.
- Experience working in collaborative, multi-methodological environments:
- Identify user needs and diagnose user problems that require attentiveness to multiple methodologies
- Set up & execute quantitative and qualitative analytic research projects with researchers across Twitter, data scientists, Machine Learning engineers, and policy makers.
- Demonstrated eagerness to learn or grow in role (by proactively seeking out new challenges)
- Openness to feedback and new ideas, ability to ask for help
- Experience mentoring and seeking mentorship from researchers and cross-functional partners
- 5+ years conducting user experience research, with a good understanding of both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Experience with health/integrity-related topic areas
Nice to haves:
- Experience leveraging research to inform and create ML and NLP strategy
- Experience working with Policy and Legal teams, having work impact policy strategy
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.