Amazon Imaging Services builds the world’s best online shopping experience through photography, video, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
Amazon is looking for an experienced Senior UX researcher to create and lead a new research function within Imaging Customer Experience Innovation (iCXi) team. The role is based in Luxemburg to support Imaging services globally.
As Senior UX researcher:
· You own the research roadmap and the delivery of customer insights for Imaging. You proactively identify and inspect existing mechanisms for sharing user insights to increase their adoption, ensure your program stays aligned with organizational objectives.
· You design research for complex Imaging problem, you are an influencer to impact business by taking ownership on identifying new opportunities for research to inform strategies with Voice of Customers.
· You have good judgment when making trade-offs between experimental rigor and the need to quickly derive actionable insights that reduce project and/or product risk. You drive best practice methods within the constraints of time, quality, and resources.
· Your work and approach to work set an example for other researchers. You ensure accuracy in your approach to applying user research methodologies. You use your judgment to test assumptions and know when to enlist senior-leader reviews to ensure that your data-driven insights are contributing to effective product decisions.
· You have industry experience in a core set of research methods, while seeking to expand your expertise. You follow current research trends and you share this knowledge with your team. You are learning to resolve endemic research-operations problems (e.g., process inefficiencies, access to customers, etc.) that hinder a team’s ability to move quickly and scale your team’s impact.
· You help others leverage your expertise, by participating in office hours, coaching, and mentoring in your organization (or at your location). You are an effective communicator (verbal and written) with a clear point of view. You deliver well-structured and insightful reports to stakeholders, peers, and senior leaders. You contribute to strategic planning efforts, providing analysis, results and feedbacks on narratives. You may file for patents and/or publish research work where opportunities arise, and give internal or external presentations about your area of specialty. You mentor and develop others in your team and/or org.
If you thrive on kicking-off a new research function, explore customer behaviors related to photography, video, visual immersive experience and innovate! Come join our growing team!
· 7+ years of hands-on experience conducting UX research in an applied setting
· BA/BS or advanced degree in the field of Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, or related discipline.
· A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: study plans, reports, and data visualizations).
· MA/MS or Ph.D in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, or related discipline.
· Experience from working in a fast paced software development environment within a highly entrepreneurial organization.
· Experience from researching on human behaviors related to images, video or immersive visuals.
· A healthy mix of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with customers of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
· Having worked on at least one version 1 or incubation product with successful results.
· Applied research experience in US and non US markets.