We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior UX Researcher
As a Senior UX Researcher at Vocalink you will be responsible for building and delivering the user research capability for one of the world’s leading payment system providers. As part of the Products and Innovation team you will be working alongside Product Managers, Product Owners, UX designers and wider stakeholders to ensure that user research is an intrinsic part of our process.
The ideal candidate will be a methodical and thorough UX researcher with great stakeholder communication and effective but diplomatic persuasion skills. The candidate is required to have demonstrable experience conducting user research/usability testing along with the ability to run workshops, create detailed journey maps and other deliverables to help communicate the research throughout the business. They will need to be able to quickly get to grips with complex requirements and payments jargon to understand how best to plan and execute large scale global B2B user research.
• You will be assisting with setting up a UX Research function within Vocalink Mastercard which is currently in its infancy.
• You will be responsible for conducting ongoing UX Research across multiple payment products both B2B and customer facing
• Primary focus is on UX Research but you may be expected to do some UX design when necessary
• This work will feed into the UX team and help them shape your research
• You will work closely with Product Managers, Product Owners and UX to shape your research against their roadmaps.
• Will be expected to produce deliverables, including research guides, research reports, personas, user flows, user journey maps and low-fi prototypes
• You will be expected to arrange research sessions with our customers yourself and manage the end to end supplier process
• You will be expected to project manage UX research projects including multi-country international projects
• You will lead user research activities such as in-depth interviews, usability testing, personal research & concept testing
• You will be expected to run internal design thinking workshops including; discovery, problem definition,
• You may be expected to travel (local and international) for research assignments
• You will be confident enough to present your work to the team senior stakeholders in the business
• You will be responsible for building productive internal/external working relationships
• Helping maintain quality and consistency across all research outputs
• Maintaining a UX research database/repository
All about You
• Advanced level of experience specialising in UX research
• Experience in setting up a UX function in a large organisation and planning and executing research studies for large scale service design projects
• Understanding of the entire UX & D process from concept to live
• Experience in different types of qualitative and quantitative research methods for product discovery; ethnographic research; in-depth interviews, contextual inquiry
• Experience in independently planning and conducting usability testing sessions, surveys and in-depth interviews
• Experience in creating personas and user journey maps
• Knowledge of usability testing tools which can be introduced to Vocalink Mastercard
• Skilled in facilitating interactive design thinking workshops
• Skilled wireframing (Sketch, Axure)
• Have a working understanding of web standards and best practice application including accessibility
• Knowledge of B2B applications and best practice
• Experience of working with Designers, Product Managers, Developers and Business Analysts
• Ability to solve complex problems in innovative ways
• Energetic & friendly with an appetite to learn and educate
• Excellent communication skills
• Can work independently and manage your own time
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.