- San Jose
- San Francisco
- New York
The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better, more open Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among best small-medium sized workplaces globally.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is helping change the way we buy, sell and consume advertising as one of the leaders in the programmatic industry. Since the programmatic industry is young, you will directly contribute to a new experience that translates the massive power of our technology into simple and elegant workflows for ad agency partners and advertisers. Our industry is complicated, but we don’t believe our platform should be.
You’ll be joining a small but growing team of experienced designers who are paving the way to create a more user-centered platform. Our team thrives on collaborating across teams, and digging in to fully understand the context of any problem. We value ideas and feedback from everyone, and we’re incredibly fortunate to sit next to people who use the platform on a day-to-day basis.
As a UX Researcher at The Trade Desk, you will have a unique opportunity to shape our fast-growing platform used by thousands of people across the globe. You will be play a significant role not just on UX team, but to the company as a whole. As a UX Researcher, you will help inform our product and design process with qualitative and quantitative data. Your work will help generate new ideas and expand our knowledge understanding of our users.
At The Trade Desk, we believe each opportunity to engage with consumers is unique. Because of this, our platform provides advertisers and their agencies with an unprecedented level of power to describe and reach their target audience. This means user experience can make or break our business – our users must have all the flexibility to harness our system’s growing power and should be able to use our platform with unparalleled ease.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- You will work as a member of our UX/UI Design team, planning and executing a full-cycle research program from early strategic direction through post-release validation in an agile development process.
- You can implement and utilize a variety of research and testing tools to validate and guide design concepts, from user research and user story generation/validation, participatory design workshops, interviews, usability studies, and quantitative methods such as surveys and data analytics.
- You will conduct on-site and remote usability studies with internal and external Trade Desk employees and customers
- You involve stakeholders, in every stage of your research from planning to execution to analysis.
- You will help train members of our team on research best practices as designers continue to conduct their own research.
- You can effectively lead design thinking workshops to plan and prioritize research, and to translate customer insights into product direction.
- You know how to track, communicate, and evangelize insights, your research to the larger organization. You evangelize your research findings, collaborate on projects to understand our customers’ end-to-end customer journey, and to promote UX research as a strategic driver for our products and services.
- You will pioneer the use of analytics within the UX team and pair with other teams to get more readily available access to helpful data
- You will manage and be responsible for our growing list of external and internal testers, and reaching out to users who match desired personas to facilitate testing on behalf of the design team.
- You share customer insights with the broader organization to increase internal knowledge of customers and their workflows
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5+ years experience as a User Researcher (experience in AdTech is a plus)
- You are a story teller. You know how to deliver your research findings to communicate action items to your stakeholders
- You’re an excellent communicator and collaborator. You pride yourself on your clear verbal and written communication, and your ability to share and evangelize research findings in a clear and compelling way to diverse audiences including executives.
- You don’t fear complexity. You recognize that impactful change requires understanding not only of product, but of organization and culture. You’re not afraid to dive into research on complex software with a broad user base of users and engineers.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI/UX standards, research trends, design best practices and technologies
- Strong background in conducting usability studies.
- Proactive, inquisitive, have a natural empathy for users, and you love translating research questions into a clear research plan and then executing on it in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to adjust your level of depth and time spent in research in order deliver on projects of varying sizes
- Experience working with a UI/UX design teams as well as establishing and scaling research structures at organizations
- Prior design experience or background a plus
- Experience leading design sprints a plus
- Experience in a programmatic advertising is a plus
- Agile development experience is a plus