You will develop and implement the user experience research component of re-imagining the digital customer experience for Sysco’s +400,000 customers. This experience will also touch the millions of end consumers at restaurants as well as tens of thousands of Sysco employees. While driving your research findings into new features and products you will also be responsible for benchmarking against the competition and setting research standards.
The successful candidate will display a breadth of knowledge of research methods, attention to detail, flexibility to respond quickly to changing business needs, priorities, and timelines, and a demonstrated track record of completing quality research projects on time. Experience working in the hospitality or food service industry is a plus.
- Clarify research goals based on input from Product, Engineering and Design teams.
- Develop strategies to answer research questions with limited design research protocols and prepare research plans.
- Plan user research activities such as participant recruiting and scheduling, materials production, and lab preparation.
- Create research materials as necessary.
- Establish and socialize success criteria for projects.
- Establish achievable schedules and manage to them.
- Regularly communicate status of projects to business stakeholders.
- Mentor junior UX team members.
- Perform qualitative and/or quantitative analyses. Prepare initial results and share with key stakeholders.
- Translate research findings into actionable, prioritized recommendations.
- Document and present findings and recommendations to stakeholders and technologists.
- Strategize with stakeholders on how to act on research findings.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in user research, user interface design, information architecture, usability testing, and human factors within a consultative or corporate environment.
- Extensive experience in methodologies for uncovering user needs and product opportunities.
- A background in ethnography and cognitive science methods is helpful.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Masters degree in a related area; a PhD is a strong advantage
Perks at Sysco LABS
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Brand-new high-tech office space located in the heart of East 6th St, (walking distance to the MetroRail)
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible work environment that encourages work/life balance
- Fully stocked break room & weekly catered lunch
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and company 401(k) program
At Sysco LABS you will be part of a team that values trust, learning, and working together to solve problems. Your efforts will help to build groundbreaking experiences for our customers. Come join us!
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.