We are looking for a Sr. User Experience Researcher who is passionate about asking the right questions during different stages of our user journeys, ultimately providing the greatest impact to our users by leveraging the principles of Service Design Thinking.
The Sr. User Experience Researcher requires somebody who has a pragmatic, and an investigator mindset when it comes to identifying user behaviors and motivations. This individual should possess a strong knowledge of various research methods, including observation-based research, task analysis, and other feedback-collecting methodologies. The output of which will serve as a justifiable context and insight into the process of defining holistic experience and design strategies for our organization. This individual will act as one of our authorities who inspires change and enforces data-driven design.
We believe teamwork is our key to success. To be part of our well-integrated Digital Strategy & Experience team, this individual would need to demonstrate the ability to partner with our Marketing, Analytics, Product Management, and Technology team members. Being a strong communicator would be essential when addressing research-based rationales with our agency partners on day-to-day inquiries.
● Direct report to our Director of Digital Strategy & Experience; Leading on all UX Research efforts across our portfolios within the organization.
● Manage, estimate, conduct, moderate and analyze any UX specific research activities by using both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
● Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to identify UX research opportunities that inform and improve strategy for the organization.
● Advocate and execute UX research protocol by applying best practices, while ensuring objectives and expectations are met at various stages of the design and development lifecycles.
● Plan and conduct usability studies to identify user behaviors and provide recommendations based on defensible findings.
● Evaluate, synthesize, and present all research findings with actionable recommendations.
● Educate our cross-functional team members on UX research practice, as well as the value of empathy and user-centered design in meeting business objectives.
● Partner with UX, Marketing, Analytics, Technology, and Product Management teams, and provide appropriate support during our Product Discovery Stage.
● Maintain an effective dialog with external and internal partners during our design and development cycles.
● Embrace the ever-changing market and technology, and apply them to design recommendations with the latest trends and needs of our users in mind.
● 5+ years of hands-on UX research experience.
● BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
● Proficient in a variety of UX research methods and tools, including usability testing protocols (remote and in-person), card sorting, tree testing, user surveys, user interviews, field research, persona development, journey mapping, and competitive heuristic analysis.
● Experience designing research studies that inform the development and design of journey mapping, user experience models, and user personas.
● Proficiency in creating user journey maps and user personas based on primary or secondary data sources.
● Experience in planning and conducting user interviews and recruiting participants.
● Experience in developing test plans, test scripts for both moderated and unmoderated usability testing.
● Experience in conducting usability tests for both moderated and unmoderated settings.
● Experience in partnering with UX practitioners to develop and design concept prototypes for different types of usability studies.
● Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills to evaluate, aggregate, and deliver cohesive UX research findings.
● Experience in facilitating UX research-related discussion.
● Experience in presenting UX research findings to stakeholders.
● Possess the traits of being a self-starter, who can work independently, as well as being a team player, who can advocate and appreciate the beauty of collaboration.
● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Please include your research portfolio as part of your application.
● Remote research applications for usability testing, card sorting, tree testing, online surveys, such as Usertesting.com, Helio, Optimal Workshop, or similar online tools.
● UX related applications such as Axure, Sketch, Adobe CS are preferred.
DeVry is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe diversity is essential to our educational mission and to the success of our community. We are committed to fostering a working environment where differences are respected, valued, and embraced