As the Senior User Experience Researcher, you’ll help build the next-generation, cloud-based customer experience platform. This role works with an outstanding group of designers, product managers and developers across the globe to design and build intuitive and elegant solutions. This role will be responsible for creating compelling and delightful experiences based on qualitative and quantitative methodologies and best practices.
As a senior member of the team, you are a go-to person, can work collaboratively or autonomously, and serve as a mentor to others on your team. As a confident communicator, you can work laterally to engage with senior stakeholders across the different disciplines with ease.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Translate requirements into research questions for investigation.
- Perform primary and secondary research to understand users, the goals and pain points.
- Perform competitive analysis to quickly understand the strengths and weaknesses of competitor products.
- Develop personas and stories to promote empathy with users among stakeholders.
- Synthesize user feedback into actionable recommendations.
- Communicate ideas to address user needs with succinct presentations and creative wireframe mockups.
- Leverage secondary research (market research reports, previous user research, etc.) as a means to supplement primary research with real users and to build domain knowledge.
- Evangelize the importance of design research as part of Genesys' Design Thinking and educate product teams new to design research methods in order to help them integrate real users into their design lifecycle.
- B.S or M.S. in any of the following: HCI, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design, and/or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience as an applied UX Researcher in a product-focused setting.
- Deep knowledge of a broad range of research methods – and excitement to share this knowledge with others – including: Usability concept and content testing, Qualitative data analysis research.
- A track record of shaping products by executing impactful research – the right size at the right time – and socializing actionable insights.
- Comfort with both qualitative data analysis and light, quantitative data analysis, and how to combine the two for deeper insights.
- Ability to turn research insights into recommendations to improve product designs.
- Ability to develop research tools such as surveys, usability tests, tree tests and other methods.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including techniques to persuade and negotiate and the ability to articulate alternative approaches.
- Ability to critique designs as a user advocate and to accept research critiques.
- Demonstrated storytelling, presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Masters or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, or a related discipline.
- Experience in Support and/or Call Center business models.
- Quantitative research experience – from A/B or multivariate testing to survey design to usability benchmarking, etc.
- Experience with Customer Support or Customer Experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated use of design research methodologies including primary and secondary research, including surveys, interviews and other techniques.
Special Position Requirements:
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%
- Ability to travel internationally
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry’s #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.