The Senior UX Researcher will define and drive the understanding of the iHerb Customer. This role will partner with our CX, Product Management, UX Design and Localization teams to understand our global customers and strategize ways to improve their experiences by helping these teams validate ideas, understand the "why" behind quantitative and qualitative data uncovered by our analytics and CX teams, and discovering new opportunities to improve the user journey.
- Translate business questions to key research objectives, leveraging the best methodology to execute research and analyze findings
- Initiate and conduct generative, iterative and evaluative research to provide feedback on concepts, designs and the end to end user journey
- Effectively manage and prioritize research plans through fast-changing environments and create research roadmap
- Partner with CX, Product Management, UX Design and Localization teams to provide feedback and identify gaps to influence our product design and innovation
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for the customers who could use our products
- Lead and deliver research to cross-functional teams to encourage empathy with and understanding of the customer goals for different segments and country groups
- Identify and discover clear opportunities iHerb can address to improve the experience to optimize the customer journey
- Provide insights and ideas to shape how product teams and the business thinks about medium and long-term product strategy
- Pave the way into a more user-centered and data driven environment
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Well versed in e-commerce/web driven companies and understands how to meet customer expectations
- Ability to explain metric analysis and analytical decisions
- Customer first mentality with the knowledge to work with internal groups to make their websites more user friendly
- Strong interest in social app products, user and influencer behavior, and associated trends
- Able to articulate ideas clearly and concisely and create documentation with rich detail
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research, including A/B testing best practices in partnership with product teams
- Knowledge and practical experience of using a variety of UX research methods (qualitative and quantitative), with a strong awareness of their merits and weaknesses
- Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to distill the output of complex dataset
- Knowledge of User Centered Design principles and best practices
- Expertise in qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methodologies across all phases and platforms (Desktop, Mobile Web and Apps) of the product life-cycle
- Excellent knowledge of primary research methods (surveys, experiments, interviews) as well as secondary and expert methods (such as literature reviews, cognitive walkthroughs)
- Experience leading projects that have significant customer and business impacts
- Experience of using a variety of commercial UX Research or VOC software tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
Generally, requires a minimum of five (5) years of UX research delivery in a professional setting. Experience with designing, leading, and implementing UX research projects preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree required in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, UX or equivalent practical experience.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office / Warehouse environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required